Boulder Lakes

Boulder Lakes is a 3.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Trinity Center, CA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

nice, fairly easy hike. The upper (Little Boulder lake) was warm for swimming late in the season & we saw decent size trout. The lower lake is bigger & it looked like there were a lot of camp-sites (& campers). Trail continues further beyond in 2 directions if you're seeking more solitude.

Beautiful lakes. Easy trail. I took my 9 year old and she had a nice time in nature. Mosquitos were a problem since there are no campfires allowed at the time of year we went. There was a group of kids on the other side of the lake, so there was a lot of activity. Well worth the crazy drive in, but the GPS map on my car plus the map in my hand got us there just fine. Would go again! Mid-July, 2014. Mosquitos seemed to be less of a problem at little boulder lake.

Nice trail to a pair of beautiful yet very different alpine lakes. Easy trail. Access to trailhead is a bit challenging.