Boucher Trail and Scott's Cabin Loop

Boucher Trail and Scott's Cabin Loop is a 3.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Aguanga, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Boucher Trail to fire tower overlook, then Adams Trail to Scott's Cabin Trail back to Silvercrest Picnic Area.

Great trail once you are on it. The ranger typically invites hikers up to see the views from the Fire Lookout Tower

Hiked almost 9 miles today. Weather was nice. Only saw about 10 people. Stuck to the perimeter trails to get the most distance. Not too much elevation. Baptist trail gained some elevation fairly quick but then leveled out. Boucher's Hill and the lookout is nice as well. I will be going back for more.

Absolutely beautiful.

Beautiful. Saw some deer.

Nice well maintained trail thru pine forest with fire lookout tower overlook with great views

We hiked from Doan Pond up the hill towards the picnic area then back around to the school camp. The weather was threatening, no rain but a cloud lay upon the mountain, and we walked through mist. Air temp in the low 40's, autumn colors were outstanding, very few people were out hiking. I decided Palomar Mt. is at it's best when the weather keeps the crowds down. You may have to bundle up, but the solitude, and beauty is worth it!

The trails on Palomar mountain are fabulous. There is very little foot traffic on these trails even when the campgrounds are full. I have put in over 20 miles of hiking a day here and seldom see more than a handful of people on the trails which is wonderful for me!!!! I did have my worst trail running accident ever on these trails (no fault of the trail I was on flat ground) but tore my ankle up bad..... hiked out 4 miles, drove myself the 2 hours to San Diego Hospital, still return to camp/hike there!