Borrego Canyon to Red Rock Canyon

Borrego Canyon to Red Rock Canyon is a 4.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Trabuco Canyon, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park, (949) 589-4729

My 3.5 year old, 7 year old, husband and I completed this hike. It was a few weeks after the rain so a bit muddy in places, but fun! We packed our lunch and ate on the red rocks and then headed back. With little legs it took us close to 4 hours with a short lunch stop round trip. We all thoroughly enjoyed it!

Nice hike, very easy to get through and plenty of nice scenic spots. Met plenty of fellow hikers on the way. There was a gate that said the path was closed, but people went anyway (might have been temporarily closed). The pay station was broken, so I just parked at the nearby Ralphs. It was muddy and a bit rocky when I went. The red rocks were worth the trek.

Initially it's very easy with very little incline. There's a few little side trails you can go on which are unmarked. It can be mildly dangerous because of all the rocks. At the end of the trail, it dumps you into this cool rock formation but you can also go and climb up to the top of other ones. I climbed up onto a ridge beside the creek and had a great view of the valley. It's relatively short and kid-friendly. You can also avoid paying for parking by parking at the supermarket but you didn't here it from me!

Mostly a nature walk through a canyon. The very end is the only slightly technical part of the hike. Great hike for beginners, kids, elderly, etc. surprised by the red rocks in Orange County!

it was beautiful trekking trail
but little to easy trail

Hands down my favorite hike I've been on since I moved from Utah to Orange County! The trail to the red rocks is gentle with lots of trees and lots of shade, and the red rocks themselves are uniquely aesthetic and fun to climb. Very reminiscent of the red rocks of my home state. I will definitely be coming back here!