Bonita Falls Trail

Bonita Falls Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Rancho Cucamonga, CA that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

Remember to stop at the Ranger Station or AMPM for your daily parking pass- $5.

No trail head and difficult to find from the parking area. Other hikers informed us that they watched someone's window get busted in the parking lot. While we saw the falls, it was difficult to know exactly how to get there in a safe fashion. I would not return or recommend to anyone.

Gorgeous views. Encountered Bighorn sheep which were absolutely incredible. This was a moderate hike and fairly short. The waterfall was absolutely gorgeous. The graffiti does take away from the beauty but with the gorgeous scenery, you're able to see beyond that. Will definitely do this hike again.

it was a nice short trail, very very rocky but once you push past it its well worth the struggle. it's a bit difficult to find if it's your first time as it was mine today, and I went alone. you will need an adventure pass, which u can pick up at the Ranger Station on the way up. once you do that, the trail is just about half a mile up the road, the station also has maps on finding it, but they aren't to scale so they help to find the trail but not much help as far as guiding you along. best advice I can give is download the area on Google maps and then hug the side of the mountain and follow the graffiti (it's a huge shame how much graffiti and litter there is btw... like.. there's a TON...) It's easy to overshoot the spot you're supposed to turn in at if your not hugging the mountain, I did today, and had to turn back and find it :P . I uploaded a map that I screenshotted on Google that I hope helps. basically, you gotta turn in to a small thin trail RIGHT at the base of the treeline. overall, the waterfall is very nice, and it's a great beginner hike. just wish the graffiti and litter was kept under control :/

It was AMAZING!!!! The trail was a bit tough for my 2 year old and 1 year old but nothing they couldn't handle ;) once we got to the water fall, it was breath taking....my kids loooved it (12, 8, 2, & 1 year old) enjoyed every second of it. We will definitely come back in Spring.

The waterfall is more of a trickle. The graffiti is a HUGE disappointment and most people on the trail hiked to smoke weed, drink beer and eat food. The mountains are always a beautiful sight but the graffiti and the trash completely take away from the beauty of nature. If you are a Raiders fan this hike is perfect for you.

Differently worth the rocky hike. Took my 3 year old "above average for a 3 year old" loved it. Besides the tagging it's a lot of fun. DIRECTIONS- go up the main road 1st hiking sign you see. Park car in front of the trash cans. Cross the little stream to the rocking trail. Follow the trail on the left side. You will hit a sign that is full of tagging. Keep going and you'll see it. Keep falling the stream.

Went today 9/9/16.

Not really much of a defined trail, rocks everywhere. Make sure to bring watertight shoes cause you'll have to cross a nice little stream. Careful with the broken glass bottles, people suck. There's some trash along the way, plastic bags full of em left in trees. If you make it to the top the waterfall is great! Water is cold. Make sure you're going in the right direction, me and my dog overshot it quite a bit and had to head back through rocky terrain. Stop by the ampm/arco right above the 15 freeway to pickup the day adventure pass for $5 so you can park.

Update: Went again today (9/16/2016) and saw quite a few mountain goats!

Easy little hike. Should take about an hour total. Not very well marked so just keep walking straight back, or follow the graffiti.

I love these falls. My first time here was in 2013 and I just can't stop coming back. It's a bit hard to find the trail at first, I recommend coming with someone who has already done the hike to kind of guide you. My most recent trip was 9/03/2016 and the water was falling and freezing. My goal on my next visit is to find the upper falls.

It was a bit confusing as to where the trail begins. No signs are posted. We parked near the creek (i think its the parking space after the Ranch) crossed it and started walking in all sorts of directions in a desert of rocks for about 30 minutes. We finally reached a small entrance that led us up to the waterfall. The path is not defined but just follow the water ways up. Once up there it's a beautiful sight. Remember to stop at the Ranger Station or AMPM for your daily parking pass of $5.

Hidden gem. Waterfall worth hike.

I would like to say that visually this place is awesome! Minus the graffiti I could do without ( I hate to see nature being vandalized) That being said this app was said it was dog friendly. Honestly that should be revised. The trail is mostly rocks, think this what did my 2 dogs in. On the way back down after reaching the waterfall they started having trouble keeping up. When I finally realized what was happening their paw pads were absolutely shredded! I felt awful that I could not do anything for them. One is 100 lb and the other 40 lb and carrying them back was not an option.
(The trail leading up to the waterfall was cool.) I would advise people not to take their dog in case this happens to them. It absolutely broke my heart. She is recuperating slowly.

Easy hike to a beautiful water fall. Anyone can do it. Just listen for the water and you will find the entrance leading into the mountain

This is a 1.5 mile hike, lots of rocks so bring good shoes. Ask the locals questions since the trail is hard to find. Once you get to the trail to go up the mountain you will hear the water. The waterfall is absolutely breathtaking and the water is crystal clear. You can go in and go for a swim so bring a change of clothing. Bring snacks or a meal and you can eat it on top of the rocks. Make sure you clean after yourself so the area keeps clean. It can use some cleaning up there.

great trail with a beautiful view