Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve Trail

Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Huntington Beach, CA that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

beach

Very pretty. Very easy. Lots of beautiful birds.

Pretty trail that is mostly flat. Lots of birds. We also saw rabbits and squirrels.

went today hiked for an hour, hike was great lots of wildlife birds rabbits etc...overall a easy hike had a great time, only bummer was someone left a nice dent on my truck....thanks

My absolute favorite trail to run... This place is amazing during sunset time because of the stillness of the water, reflections of the birds, and the overall peacefulness of this place. I usually run 3 miles here and always see cool birds. It's a nice way to get some nature in good ol OC. Beware --- there are rattlesnakes here.

Great for nature photography practice

This is a great walk with an easy inclined. You can't beat the scenery and the ocean breezes. They have portable restrooms, trash cans, and free parking. This is a great hike for a short trip.

This is such a great place! You can see the sea snails, birds, homosapians, and other wildlife! And to the person who mentioned the traffic noise, yes, you can obviously hear the road noise, but I hardly feel it should lose a star or two for that:(. We're blessed to have this reserve:)

The trails are well kept and was not crowded. Parking get there early. Lots of wildlife including reptiles. We will be going again.

I enjoy walking through this reserve. There are so many birds to see and little ground critters running around. I gave it three stars only because there was a lot of noise from the traffic on PCH, but otherwise, it's a great place to go for an easy and peaceful walk or run.

One of the easiest and most accessible trails west of the 405. It's great to come here just to escape the city and observe nature. I often come here when I need to reflect and refresh my thoughts. Since it's so close to the city, it's the perfect quick escape.

geocaching

It smells like rotten eggs for the first few minutes, but once you get past that, it's a nice relaxing walk. Views of the ocean and lots of birds to see. I took my "off roading" stroller and had no problem(except when passing other people because the path is quite narrow). Great for families!

You have opportunity to see many birds. Easy walk

A great walk for young children to get outdoors and enjoy an easy and beautiful walk.