Bobelaine Audubon Sanctuary Trail

Bobelaine Audubon Sanctuary Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Yuba City, CA that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This 430 acre wildlife sanctuary is maintained by volunteers of the Sacramento Audubon Society. It was donated to National Audubon in 1975 by Bob & Elaine Crandall. It was easy to get there. From Sacramento we took I-5 N, then the Hwy 70/99 exit and then 99 N. A few miles after 99 crosses the Feather River is Laurel Ave. Turn right on Laurel and in a short distance you'll reach an "End" sign. The last stretch of this road is dirt and gravel and is over private land. Please drive slowly so not to stir up a lot of dust. The dirt road ends at the levee (if the gate is open, don't drive up the levee!). There is a small parking lot and a metal barn. There's also a porta-potty near the barn. Be sure to bring binoculars and maybe a guide book. Over 190 species of birds have been observed. On the last stretch of the hike, along Lake Crandall, there were about a dozen turtles of all sizes sliding off logs as they saw us. Among the trees we saw were some really giant Sycamores and Valley Oaks, and also Cottonwoods.

It was alright. Had to go there for a project, the grassland trail is not that well kept however. There are a ton of mosquitoes and they leave a nasty mark so be prepared. The river's outlook point is very nice though, i would recommend you go there if you plan to come here. It's a nice place to go at least once, but bring something to keep mosquitoes off.

was ok just confusing without directions

I really liked it. There were spots were it was really humid. It's a fairly easy trail. I didn't do the whole thing. There are a few different trails to choose from. There was alot of spiders & flying bugs so I would recommend bug spray. I'd will be going back to go on the other trails. BTW we did see a huge snake so watch out.

Let me start with the awesome part.. I saw a bald eagle! Tried to take pics but phone cam sucks. There are a lot of different trails you can take. It's definitely a take it easy trail. Nothing steep other than the itty bitty walk up the levee. Some parts are a little humid and swampy smelling but if you like nature it's an awesome walk. There is a gate at the end of the road but parking is right before that so don't think it's closed. Only con for me are the bugs but they are just annoying not harmful. I will definitely be back with a real camera this time

I really enjoyed the diversity of this trail.

Easy trail. A little confusing on getting to the other side but once you're there the signs work great. It's not really a hike, more of a trail walk.

no trail. over grown!

Nice trails. will be going back to explore it more. Just some information the park is not mark from the road.

Super easy trail and well marked. Nice for a stroll, but wouldn't head here if you really want to do some hiking. This trail is more for bird watching and just getting outdoors.

There were no signs indicating where to turn off Hwy 99 for the trail head and I had to follow directions in a book to find it as my GPS wanted to take me somewhere else. The End sign on the road to the trail just means that's where the concrete road ends; keep going straight until the dirt road dead-ends into the parking lot.
I misinterpreted the signs along the trail (reading Private Property) as a "keep out" so I ended up missing half of the actual trail. I found it along the top-most loop/north firebreak though.
The trails that I did go on were clearly marked and very well maintained. I went pretty early in the day in hopes of seeing some wildlife, but only saw a couple rabbits and a peacock. I heard quite a few different birds, but did not see them. Overall it was a pleasant 5-mile walk.

Walked a few of the paths. We went through the middle and not along the river. It's super green. It was about 5 miles round trip. We saw lots of birds and turtles sunbathing. It's an easy trail. When you pull up it feels like you're on someone's property because of a few homes and orchards. You have to go onto the dirt road just a few 100 ft to actually see the entrance. Over all it was a fun walk.

Just a easy trail through the wild grapes, blackberry's and brush. We had lunch at edge of the Feather River, but since we are in a drought year there was not much water. We saw some Turkey Vultures but the hike was not strenuous enough for us to generate their interest.

I'm very curious where this trail actually is. I drove 40 minutes using the mapping feature within the app and was taken to a dead end road in the middle of a bunch of orchards.

A farmer assumed I was broken down as I sat in my car attempting to use my Garmin to find the trail. Garmin couldn't find it either.

My hopes for a nice trail walk were completely blown. Instead I wound up with a 90 minute drive to no where.

Shady and cool. Nice trail, kid friendly.

Beautiful scenery, peaceful. Just minutes from the 99 hwy but you would think you're far far away. You see deer, peacocks, river views etc. However, I've done it both in the fall and spring...........in the spring: we were pretty much a buffet for mosquitoes. Bring bug spray and make sure you're covered well.
In the fall the berries and wild grapes are ready and delicious.

Mosquitoes were every where! Bring bug spray for this trail.

This is more of a walk than a hike. Nothing to see really. All the plants were green and you could hear a bunch of birds but not really see any. Once you get by the Feather River it's nice to stop for lunch.

No pets of any kind allowed in the sanctuary.