Bluff Trail

Bluff Trail is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Los Osos, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

beach

I am a little torn on this trail. I should probably preface this by saying my ideal trail is one in the middle of no where with somewhat challenging terrain. This trail is not anything like that. It's actually more of a stroll on a wide flat sidewalk. Many of the people were in jeans and flip flops. There are even picnic benches on the way.

We went during the week in January and it was still crowded (thou primarily in the first mile).

The trail runs along the ocean so it's pretty much impossible to get lost and the turn around point is when you hit the clearly marked private property fence. I'm not entirely sure how long it is as I saw different numbers (none of which exactly matched my personal tracker).

The views are beautiful but remain relatively unchanging throughout the hike. I think a sunset or sunrise hike would be even better. We did see a lot of birds, ground squirrels, and even some vultures.

I agree with others that dressing warmly in layers is a good idea. Also people who get vertigo should be careful with this hike as it's along the cliff.

All in all this was super easy and heavily populated but worth a trip to see for ocean lovers.

Super easy with spectacular views! Can be crowded. Popular with runners.

Easiest trail with some of the most stunning views of our coast!

What can you say, from start to finish....beautiful. I highly recommend taking your time on this one and enjoying all the different views it has to offer. Make sure you walk down to the tide pools too. Observe nature around you. When we went we saw a mother bird fostering and feeding a baby bird of a different species and size (larger than she was). Take this trail to the end. Just when you thought it can't get better for pictures and just overall...it does.

Great trail with breath taking views! About 4.2 miles round trip, dress in layers. It can be windy near the water.

Easy trail, beautiful views, can be chilly so dress in layers. Earlier in the morning is the best time to go. Had a blast!