Bluff Cove to Lunada Bay Trail

Bluff Cove to Lunada Bay Trail is a 1.7 mile out and back trail located near Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

beach

Definitely one of my favorite places to hang out during the evening. A nice short hike down the water and a lot of open space to walk around. I even saw some people having a bon-fire!

Very easy, flat, heavy trafficked. Trail doesn't go down to the beach or leaves developed area so not a real trail into nature. Still, decent view of the coast, although gated.

Maybe I went the wrong way? I followed an obvious trail that lead down to the coast... But, most of the hike consisted of picking over the rocky shoreline. The views are beautiful though!

All about that view

The views make it worth it.

It was good! Definitely not that far down to the cove. There was a very welcoming bench there facing out to the ocean. Aloha was the overall vibe !

See review for Shipwreck trail because I did this hike from Malaga Cove to Pt Vincente Lighthouse/Fishermans access area..

Great hike, great view...

This was a beautiful hike. We went along the beach on the way there and then along the cliffs and street on the way back. Fun to see the shipwreck and have a quiet picnic in the bay.

So much fun! The beach was very pretty: it was right along the bluffs which were pretty themselves and had a lot of big, cool houses on top (though the water had a lot of seaweed in it). Was very cool once we started seeing pieces of the shipwreck; they were mostly small pieces but eventually we got to an old tractor the ship was carrying and then a large part of the hull. Also, we saw a lot of birds, crabs, and even some jumping fish. Definitely worth the hike.
90% of the hike is along loose rocks; I was feeling it in my knees on the return trip and I had to be constantly careful to watch my step. We had a lot of good laughs at many near wipeouts. Still, despite the rocks, this hike was definitely worth it: the shipwreck was very cool and the scenery was beautiful. Also, I was definitely able to look around at things the whole time despite having to watch my step.
Will definitely be bringing friends back here.

Be careful not to do this in reverse, we ended up taking the entire length on the rocks, and our joints are bruised and battered because of it!