Blue Sky Reserve to Ramona Lake Trail

Blue Sky Reserve to Ramona Lake Trail is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Poway, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

beach

Blue Sky Reserve is a 2.4 mile trail located near Poway, California. The trail is primarily used for hiking.

Decent hike to the Ramona lake. I will go back to try the Poway loop and shorter trails.

Great

Great hike to start getting back into hiking.

MUST READ: warning to hikers! When we were finished with our hike this morning around 10:40am, we were just 0.2 miles from the parking lot we came around a bend and encountered a grown man ahead of us, walking in slow circles, completely NAKED, and masturbating in the middle of the trail in full sun! He didn't care that we saw him and he started walking towards us. Not knowing what to do we back tracked to stay far enough away and lost sight of him. Called 911 immediately! We waited for enough hikers to gather up and the group of us walked passed where the man had been but he was long gone. We were very grateful for the Poway police, firemen, ambulance, and even a helicopter who searched for him within 15-30 mins of our call. I was with a dog and another friend but I worry about anyone hiking alone anywhere. For that reason alone I will probably avoid this trail for a while. I thought I was paranoid before about wild cats!!! Otherwise, I give the trail 4 stars since it's a beautiful scenic hike but very hot in full sun.

The first mile is in and out of the shade of trees, but after that its full sun and up hills (left to lake ramona or right to lake Poway). Its a lot of spots with sand so my shoes had a lot of sand in them after a total of 4 miles. It was just too hot for my dog so we turned back before we got to lake Ramona. Bring plenty of water, a collapsable bowl for dogs, (gave her water every mile) and sun screen+hat!

Spectacular. My fiancé and I want to take our engagement photos on parts of the trail

It was a beautiful hike, but missed a turn and ended up on slot of rocky hilly trails which were not expected... Next time I will definitely try to stay on route :o)

Nice hiking trail with some steep parts. My 8 year old boy loved it! We would love to come back!

Easy hike, saw plenty of runners and folks with their dogs along. Porta potties available at either end and along the way, the final climb to the dam is paved. Nice way to spend an hour (running) or two (walking & talking).

Hot and dry. Stream is completely dried up.

Cool hike, nice view in beginning, but then if you park at Blue sky and walk to were it says a sign on left to poway laje, there is a nice little picnic area a slight ways down with a stream, but after that the hard part comes, there's the poway dam, and if ya wanna see poway Lake ,ya gotta climb and giant stretch of a hill, with no shade or resting spot..it's hard for the litter ones or elderly folks and dogs. but once to the top there is a sitting area with a beautiful view of poway lake

Not sure where the hike officially begins but if you park in the Blue Sky parking lot, the hike is around 5.75 miles (round trip) rather than 4.5 according to my phone's gps. The first mile or so is a flat wide trail shaded by oak trees. Beyond that, there is no shade until you get to the lake.

Beautiful riparian woodland area. Easy fun hike for the whole family and ideal for the beginning hiker.

I've walked this 4.8 mile hike three times per week for five months. it is the perfect mix of sun, forest and hills. I find myself craving the scenery and the fresh air. The last uphill stretch to the Ramona Dam is difficult and when I reach the top, I feel so proud! Yay, I did it! Also, I am rewarded with a gorgeous water and horizon view. See you there!

Great hike!