Blue Sky Reserve to Ramona Lake Trail

Blue Sky Reserve to Ramona Lake Trail is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Poway, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

beach

Blue Sky Reserve is a 2.4 mile trail located near Poway, California. The trail is primarily used for hiking.

This hike is rated easy, which is true for the first half. The inclines to the lake after the halfway point were challenging for me because I'm new to hiking. It was worth the extra stops and breaks to get to the Lake.

Nice hike with great views throughout the trail. I'm definitely going back.

Decent hike to the Ramona lake. I will go back to try the Poway loop and shorter trails.

Great

Great hike to start getting back into hiking.

MUST READ: warning to hikers! When we were finished with our hike this morning around 10:40am, we were just 0.2 miles from the parking lot we came around a bend and encountered a grown man ahead of us, walking in slow circles, completely NAKED, and masturbating in the middle of the trail in full sun! He didn't care that we saw him and he started walking towards us. Not knowing what to do we back tracked to stay far enough away and lost sight of him. Called 911 immediately! We waited for enough hikers to gather up and the group of us walked passed where the man had been but he was long gone. We were very grateful for the Poway police, firemen, ambulance, and even a helicopter who searched for him within 15-30 mins of our call. I was with a dog and another friend but I worry about anyone hiking alone anywhere. For that reason alone I will probably avoid this trail for a while. I thought I was paranoid before about wild cats!!! Otherwise, I give the trail 4 stars since it's a beautiful scenic hike but very hot in full sun.

The first mile is in and out of the shade of trees, but after that its full sun and up hills (left to lake ramona or right to lake Poway). Its a lot of spots with sand so my shoes had a lot of sand in them after a total of 4 miles. It was just too hot for my dog so we turned back before we got to lake Ramona. Bring plenty of water, a collapsable bowl for dogs, (gave her water every mile) and sun screen+hat!