Blue Sky Canyon Trail

Blue Sky Canyon Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Poway, California that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Fun hike with a lot to see. Parking lot can fill up quick on busy days. Lots of shade and rest areas along the way. Free to park! Unlike lake Poway park.

Very nice hike with a lot of Riparian Oaks which I like. A little confusing at times bc trails aren't all marked especially around the lake itself. The lake loop is gorgeous. Two thumbs up even though I got overheated at mile 5. We hiked at 1:00 and it was at least 90 degrees. So there's that.

Tough but worth it! Not a lot of shade so go early.

great hike! definitely worth the time which was longer than my anticipated 2 hrs. we didn't complete loop and it was 7 miles to Lake Ramona 1/3 way around and back down!

I have hiked here with family and friends as well as our dogs on numerous occasions. The trail is well maintained, there are real bathrooms both at a midway point and up at the lake as well as a snack bar. It can get hot and there is limited shade once you start your ascent up to the lake so take plenty of water and sunscreen. This will always be a go to hike for me, park at Blue Sky Ecological parking lot, never had any problems here.

Loved this gorgeous trail up to Lake Poway with my lab. I did two miles to the lake and back for a total of 4 miles at 31 weeks pregnant. Steep half mile winding path up-hill to the lake but the view is worth the burn! Bring sunscreen and water and a collapsable bowl for your pup. Once you start going up there is little shade so I bet it gets stupid hot in the summer. I didn't see any bathrooms but I will do this hike over and over and try the other trails as well as go during sunset.

Love this hike! Beautiful and peaceful!