Blue Ridge Trail

Blue Ridge Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wrightwood, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail interweaves through Mountain High Ski Resort.

incline all the way up to the camp ground you'll feel the burn later but with it. there's a small bridge but no steam, definitely be back in the spring to catch the flow.

The directions to the trail head are not correct. The trail head and some parking are across from the Forest Information building (it's big and made of stone, you can't miss it) and right next to a restroom/rest stop. The trail itself is beautiful, especially if you go at sunrise, and mostly shaded. It is uphill all the way to the campsite. There is a bench as the one mile marker if you need rest halfway up :) The campground is nice and shaded as well. And the PCT is just up the hill from the camp. Went on 8/13, hopefully the fire hasn't destroyed it.

This is a nice trail with a steady incline all the way to the top of the hill, where you hit the campground.
Almost 95% of the trail is shaded but be ready to feel the burn on your legs from the constant incline up the hill.
We got there early in the morning and saw almost no other hikers. On the way down in the afternoon we passed a lot of people who were coming up.
All in all, it's a great hike that definitely gets your blood pumping.

Pretty trail with lots of shade. Good moderate uphill climb. Directions took me to the wrong place. Read that it was across from Big Pines Visitor center but there is no Big Pines Visitor center. The building is now labeled Forest Information (but no one was there.) Across the street there are restrooms and that parking lot has a sign leading to the Blue Ridge trailhead. At the end of the trail, when you get to the campground, take the dirt road to the left to pick up the Pacific Crest trail (just around the bend). The extra 10 minutes of hiking takes you to the top of the hill with fantastic views!

Moderate Level Hike, got some pretty good inclines. Hot day so Loved that it was mostly shaded.

Tuesday morning and the day was high 70's, breezy and perfect. Well maintained trail, majority of which travels through pine shaded protection. Beginners - the route to the campground ascends pretty much the entire way. I believe my gps said you start at 6800 feet and end near 8000 at PCT. So don't expect a leisurely stroll through the pines! I had a 30 pound pack and my Lab and I hit the campground in just under 50 minutes. Hike at your own pace, enjoy the scenery, take pictures and rest in the shade when you need to. This is a great trail, especially if you want to hike to campground and have lunch before descending. Saw three other hikers, one elderly couple who went up and down twice and another guy with his dog.

Easy to medium hike fairly easy. Beautiful hike and worth it

We did this hike midday on a Sunday. It wasn't crowded at all, but the trail head is not well marked and a is a bit difficult to find. It was lovely and well shaded, but it is all uphill. I think the altitude messed with us because it felt more difficult than we anticipated. The town of Wrightwood is 5000 ft. and the hike is a bit higher. Then again, it is possible I am a weakling

This hike was very nice, but next time I'm going to do a little more research. This path is not as easy as some of the reviews would have you believe. It's great to walk in the summer because it is nearly completely covered in shade but it is uphill the entire way. For someone who is 6 months pregnant, it was a bit difficult, and I had to turn back at the halfway point. I imagine anyone who is in moderately good shape wouldn't have any problem with this hike, but someone who wasn't would do well by getting to the halfway point and turning back.

I would have loved to do this hike before the baby bump, but now I can't wait to repeat it next year, maybe with the little one in tow. :-)

This was my first completed hiking trail last year! one of my favorites! hiked it last week on my day off as my first hike of the season.

I loved this out and back trail, my pup loved it too. wish I could of fine farther on it but we did about 3.5 miles out and back

Such a beautiful hike....but we were unable to complete this since the trail was covered in snow for the last 0.5 miles & we did not have crampons or microspikes. The trail was pretty narrow around that area so we didn't want to risk sliding off. We met someone down at the parking lot who said she slid down on the snow and hurt herself pretty bad earlier at nearby baden powell so I'm assuming at areas above 6,000 ft or so still have some snow cover. First time turning back and it's unfortunate but better to not risk it and be alive! We will be back for sure!

We didn't encounter many people during this hike so it is quite peaceful and is a great getaway from busy crazy LA. The trail is well maintained and if there was no snow it is an easy to follow hike.

One downside about this place is that the picnic tables around the parking lot is completely trashed! People....please throw away your trash since the trash can is right by the tables....and there's two of them! I did see a lot of trash around the beginning of the trail also....let's keep our forest clean!

Did this trail this weekend after last weeks snowfall. The trail was covered in snow and was about a foot deep. Right now you definitely need snow shoes and pants, however, the incline had me sweating before I was halfway up. It was a great workout and beautiful views. There was no one on the trail but the parking along the 2 was crazy with people trying to pull over for snow play. Go early and avoid the Mt. High crowds.

Love this trail as a training hike. It is pleasant, well maintained and frequently traveled by very nice fellow hikers. I use it the way one might use a machine in the gym to stay or get in shape. Many enjoyable hikes up this trail.

I've gone up this trail four times in last month, each time trying to better my time and control my breathing ss I climb. Cinder'Ella' has been on each of these hiked with me. She is a rescued, cattle dog basengii (African congo),mix. Disciplined, loyal and my hiking team mate. I would rate this gijw as a moderately challenging endeavour. There is a campground up top,which allows for 14 days at a time.

Great hike. a bit strenuous for me, but even as a novice I made it through.

This was a nice little hike. It was interesting walking through the ski lift areas. The incline wasn't bad at all and there's a lot of shade. Also, I only saw one other hiker, so it doesn't seem to be a super busy trail. The views are great, though I wish I'd gone on a clearer day.

This was a great trail. The payoff views just past the campground are incredible. Next time I want to go a little further up the fire road but I was short on time. Very serene, I only saw 2 people on a Sunday. Will be going again