Blue Mountain Trail

Blue Mountain Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Grand Terrace, CA and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good trail with some good elevation and the view if great at the top

I took my kids yesterday, it was perfect weather. we were about ten min to the top they were worn out. we will try again on thanksgiving morning. a great workout!

Today was our first time here and we took the hard trail to the main rock. There are over 40 donkeys that roam throughout Blue Mountain and they all just stop and stare but move away from you so they are harmless. We arrived at 7:30am and left at 9:30am so get there early since there is no shade and sun beats hard after 9am. Take enough water and make sure you have good shoes if you take the higher trail also long sleeve and long pants since there is lots of dead plants with thorns and I got pretty scratched up. Gloves if you have them I got thorns stuck in the palms of my hands. No bathrooms and only street parking. We are coming back prepared lol

Today was a perfect day for hiking, the sky was very clear due to the Santa Ana winds blowing away all of the muck in the air. It was hot but not overly so. I would rate this hike half moderate and half hard as there are some very steep uphill areas to traverse.
If you make it at least 3/4 or so of the way up, keep you eyes on the big boulder on the right side of the trail as there is a metal memorial attached to it that say's "the ledgend". There is other writing on it but I was too pooped out to climb up and read it.
However today when I made it to the top there was a small home made memorial to Ralph Granillo "the ledgend" set up by his family.
So take at least 2 liters of water with you on this hike and have fun.

not bad at all. beautiful day for this place 11/2/16

It was gross

Sadly I can't agree with the reviews calling this place clean. It is a dumping ground of trash and old furniture. The hike itself is decent and you can do what you want with it. We ventured to explore an abandoned old house with only brick and stone foundations left. Nice but would have been nicer without all the alcohol containers and drug paraphernalia.

All uphill, fun, great workout!!

it was great lovedd it huge workout with my weight vest going up that hill

Nice short hike with a beautiful view at the peak.

First time here. It was fun and a great work out. Nice to change it up a bit. Easy to find.

This is a 4 mile RT hike with an elevation gain of about 1,100. This is not an easy hike but is a great workout. Trail begins at the end of Westwood.

It was a cool hike. Kinda made our own trail, because we couldn't figure out the real trail. Will definitely go back! Good for dogs who like Hills and running.

One of my fav to get a great workout. Hike isn't 6 miles. it's about 4.5 round trip if taking the fire road.

I try to hike this trail at least once a week, it is great exercise and has very rewarding views when you reach the top. Out and back is more like 4 miles instead of 6 as described.

Great trail; clean and nice views; moderate incline. Great cardiovascular work out.

4.2 miles out and back. Decent views, steep terrain