Black Star Canyon Trail

Black Star Canyon Trail is a 6.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Silverado, California that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

Parking located at the trail start point

Came a day (02/17/2017) after rain storm, and it was awesome; the waterfall at the end was huge! Most of the trail is relatively easy, until you hit a sign that points to the falls. Once you get there, it gets a little challenging and gradually gets more challenging as you go up. You'll be climbing rocks and crossing high water rivers. I didn't want to get my feet wet, so we took a little longer. Once I missed a rock and landed in the water, I just went in the water and crossed.. should have done that from the start haha

Heard a lot of poison oak, I didn't necessarily see them (or maybe don't know what it looks like), but I'll need to wait a few days to see if I actually encountered it. I kind of covered up, so I'm crossing my fingers I won't get any rashes.

I'm definitely coming back!

One of the best hikes I've done so far. There's a little bit of climbing towards the end but once you get to the waterfalls !!!

Perfect amount of rock climbing and trail blazing in this hike! Loved the gorgeous falls at the top of the hike too. Bring some bug spray because the gnats and other insects kept attacking us and a long sleeve shirt will prevent you from getting scratched by random branches coming into the trail. Overall I loved the hike and it has become my new favorite adventure spot!

Great Hike

Great hike. You get some really nice views about the 5 mile mark.

Don't go after a rain wait a few days or you will enjoy walking in the mud.

It was slick and a little muddy but well worth the effort. I saw a lot of people not make it to the top because they brought dogs. Some did make it all the way but the last 30 minutes was challenging.

First timer & I loved it !

Super pretty! Gets Very Difficult and When the water is high the trial is very slippery.