Bighorn Peak and Ontario Peak

Bighorn Peak and Ontario Peak is a 12.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Baldy, CA that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

An intense dayhike or moderate backpack in the Cucamonga Wilderness. A 12 mile+ in-and-out that hits two of the tallest, most prominent peaks in the Angeles National Forest. Beginning with the historic, alpine brook that runs through Icehouse Canyon, this trail climbs through picturesque pine and cedar to Icehouse Saddle before visiting the site of an old trail resort and ascending a long ridge between the two peaks. A truly magnificent and rewarding hike, with great views of the Baldy Bowl for almost the entire route. Highly, highly recommended.

All the way sunshine and a little bit shade. My face was sunburnt and my right ankle was twisted and hurt. My team player gave me a great deal of courage and accompanied me to complete a round trip. I need a comfort hiking boot and a lightweight backpack for next Saturday Mt. Wilson trail hiking. At last, I felt exhausted but encouraged and was present with friendship.

Hard but very nice View, but really hard going up.

Really really hard trail on icehouse. Going to Ontario peak, It was nice but it's really hard trail. Remember to carry a lot of water.and this in time you can do the Ontario peak

Great set of peaks they've got there. I did these two and Cucamonga in one punishing day. See my recording 3 trails, 1 day. Super hard. Stunning views and lots of people. Big Horn seemed to be the one the fewest folks went out to. It was hot and tiring. Bring more water than you think you need, as none is available at the Kelly Camp.

Nice stream at the beginning, small trickles running across the trail, lot of shade for 2/3 of the hike. the last 1.5 miles is open so bring sun protection. That last stretch is longer than you think, don't get fooled by the false summits! we took it slow with a long rest at the peak and it took 8 hours.

Awesome.
Also Kellys Camp is a great place to stop for the night.
Lots of mosquitoes while we were there though. June18-19

Wonderful! A little rocky and steep in a few parts but the view is so worth it

Loved this hike solo. Overnighter on the top. Very clear and windless day on top which I hear is near impossible. Someone screwed a bottled opener into the old tree at the top so bring a celebration beer! Bring a kindle to complete the journey.

Completed on May 25th. Overcast with foggy conditions on top. But great trail with excellent view.

Did this is in November with a little show on the trail. Bone chilling cold at summit was a perfect day for 360 degree views

weak

whgopknc to e FC

First time doing the hike. It was challenging enough. The views and weather were great. I was not able to make all the way to the peak due to snow that I was not willing to traverse. I did attempt but after dropping all the way to my knees in the snow I turned around. I would will do this again for sure.

very hard trail, but in the end beautiful view,

WOW - I liked this hike much better than Mt. Baldy. Once you pass Icehouse Saddle, there are no crowds (I saw 2 people on a weekend). I actually saw more bighorn sheep on this hike (4)!

I have all the hike details and turn by turn directions on my blog here: http://bit.ly/1IaAuuc

Loved this trail. So cool to leave a note at the tree at the top. The view is awesome. Did it in the snow and it was freezing at the top!