Big Sycamore Canyon Trail

Big Sycamore Canyon Trail is a 7.6 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Malibu, CA and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

7.6 miles 208 feet Point to Point

Deep wooded canyon, lovely 80 ft sycamores, mountain views, easy hikebike This is a great family outing along the sycamore shaded Big Sycamore Canyon. Starting from Satwiwa Cultural Center, the trail is all downhill to the ocean, ending at Sycamore campground in Pt Mugu State Park. As you head down into the canyon, you have a spectacular view of Old Boney Mountain. You will need to two cars to pull this off, leaving one at the beach (the hikes end-point), and the other taking you back to the hikes starting point. A number of spots along the trail have picnic benches and restrooms. The first 3 miles are paved, with the balance of the route on a relatively smooth dirt fire road. On a bike, you can almost coast all the way to the ocean! A great stopping point for lunch is at the Danielson Ranch group camp, about 3 miles into the hike.

Will try again but didn't get past the first bend without a coyote standing in the middle of the trail staring at my 12 lb terrier mix like it was a snack.

It's a road...so pretty boring aside from the cool factor of hiking from Newbury Park to the beach.

Great workout! So much fun for mountain biking :)

I LOVE MOUNTAIN BIKING HERE. I AM LOOKING FOR MORE WOMEN WHO WANT TO RIDE TOGETHER HERE. PLEASE CONTACT ME AT ONLYONEYOUMUSIC@GMAIL.COM AND WE CAN MEET THERE AND ALL RIDE TOGETHER.

great hike! love all the different trails

It's a good place to ride lots of room road is wide just nice

ive done this hike numerous times starting from the pch side. normally we hike about 5 to 6 miles in and then hike back. might try parking a car at pch and then hike all the way from the top.

Great ride very scenic. Rode this trail about 3 months ago. need to go back there. There are many diffrent trails to explore off of the mail trail could spend the whole day out there.

was a blast to ride! a lot of different trails that lead off the main road. bring plenty of water and easy things to carry to eat. like cliff bars. They're great for energy. you'll be there for awhile. and most of the trails.. you gotta go up before you get to cruise on the downhills!

Wow I did this trail today 1-19-13 an wow took it from Lynn all the way to pch. We rested for like 15 min. Before heading back an well we should of left a car at point magu. I was able to handle but I got huge blisters on each leg. If u gonna do this trail I suggest u get yourself newer comfortable shoes. I suggest u do this hike after u gone on a few others.

This trail has multiple trails for Hiking, MTB, running and horse trails that break off from the main road. I hit up Sin Nombre Trail and Two Foxes Trail, two single track trails 2-4 times a week. The main road is a great workout if you ride to the top of the "black bitch" (the big tarmac hill climb) from PCH. If you start at the top from Lynn Road then the decent can be fun and the climb back out is tough. One of my favorite spots. Very friendly riders and a great place for all levels of MTB riders.

Enjoyed the though we left late in the morn on a hot day. Took my Golden which I later found out is not permissible. This was too much for him and had to carry him a few times. Tough for him but good for me and our group of 4. Ps remember keys if u park at both ends (Oops on the wif). Anyway great day and pack water and a hat plus a grain bar is a nice filler.