Big Baldy Ridge Trail

Big Baldy Ridge Trail is a 5.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Springville, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November.

Absolutely breathtaking views a buddy of mine and I just randomly decided to follow this trail and we were pleasantly surprised with the beautiful scenic views. It was even more beautiful because the sun was setting and we were nearly at or above cloud level ! I'm glad we didn't run into any wildlife either because it got dark fast after that and we rushed to civilization again just to be safe

Very nice 2-3 hr hike with a wonderful vista view

This wasn't a bad little hike. Great views all the way through. We spotted a mountain lion on the way back down... Be on the look out.

Evening hike that yielded great views of the Central Valley as it got dark.

had a great time, very easy 2+ mile hike out and back. gorgeous scenery

I probably could have picked a better day as the cloud cover blocked out any possible view but the actual hike was great. Quick and easy and a great way to spend an afternoon.

Had a great time with my wife on her first ascent. Very easy. Very rewarding. It was incredibly foggy. We couldn't see more than 20 yards in front of ourselves but managed to get to the top with minimal effort. Finding the summit plate was a bit difficult. There really should be a sign or landmark stating that you've arrived at the summit, but we found it!

It was my first time on this trail and although it was foggy it was a great time. Once we reached the summit, the fog cleared long enough for us to take some great photos and take in the views!

I've done this hike a few times now and it's one of my favorites! I've gone with groups that hike regularly and groups that don't and no one had a problem making it to the top, it's great for any skill level. When the air is clear you have a particularly amazing view at the top!

It was awesome!! Went on this trial for our first hike and we loved it!! Like it says perfect for all levels!!

Saw a bear when I was up there last time! And despite soaring temperatures in the Central Valley the air was cool and there was light rain. The distant peaks of the western divide are quite breathtaking

Steep at times, but over all pretty easy hike. Beautiful views! We went earlier in the day and didn't run into too many people, but on our way out ran to quite a few groups of people. Over all very nice!

Saw this summit from Little Baldy when we hiked it earlier. It was getting late in the day but we had headlights so we figured it would be ok to do both peaks in the same afternoon. Sure enough. We found three benchmarks at top and posed for a series of selfies. Trail is pretty easy but we had a tiny bit of snow that blocked the trail at times and the trail gets close to the edge but otherwise it's pretty darn easy. Saw some damage from fires. Not sure if controlled burns or wildfire. (2/2015) I'd recommend this 5 milers for just about any skill level hiker.

fairly easy trail.. can be a bit steep in some areas of the trail... there isn't much shade once you get to the top of big baldy, but it does have nice view points...

Hiked it today, December 6, 2014, with my 6 year old grandson. We both loved it. Fantastic views and well marked trail. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Great view, especially on a clear day! We went when there was still snow on the ground, which made the 2+ mile hike a bit more strenuous, but still doable! From the top you can see all the way across the San Joaquin Valley to the Coast Range (if air quality allows). With no snow it would be a great, out and back, easy day hike. The first part is the steepest. Once you get to the portion along the ridge line it is fairly flat and there are many places to stop and take in the view with glimpses of the Great Western Divide.