Bernardo Mountain Summit Trail

Bernardo Mountain Summit Trail is a 7.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Escondido, CA that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike just off the I-15 in Escondido. Hike past Lake Hodges and up a mountain for views of the surrounding area. This trail is part of a network of trails from Coast to Crest so you can hike as long or as short as you'd like.

Beatiful views at sunset.

I have hiked Coast to Crest a few times before, as I have just started hiking a few months ago. I finally decided to try this trail and I was surprised at how long it was and how I would think I was at the top but I still had like 5 more inclined switch backs. As a overweight gal just starting to do moderate hikes, this one was interesting. But once I got to the top, it was worth it.

I hiked this peak 20 years ago and decided to do it again. I'm so glad that I did! Great moderate hike. I even took my pup who did great, but got a little tired coming down the hill. So I took it easy on the way back down. Bring water and plan for a few hours. Great training hike!

Nice hike, good workout and views without traveling too dar to do it.

I did this hike today from the parking lot at the end of Sunset Drive and it was 8.2 miles. Great long hike, very easy, with only a few moderate spots. I really appreciated this app today because it helped me find my way on a few spots that were not marked well. Will definitely do again but would not take this hike again at sunset because the view on the way up was nice but dark and long on the way back. Also there were only a few other hikers on the summit portion so that was nice.

Nice training hike. Started off at about 0700 with a 30 pound pack. I was able to complete this hike in 2 hrs 27 min and had 7.76 as the mileage (did not include about a 30 minute break at the top). There were lots of options to make this hike shorter or longer and plenty of people on the trail. Mostly bikers and some trail runners. I noticed at the San Dieguito Park there were other trails that head off into other directions and offer different challenges. I will certainly come back any try these trails as well. All of them are a part of the Coast to Crest Trail.

Was a nice hike with some challenges and some easy spots. Nice change of pace when you are tired.

We started our hike at Piedras Pintadas and walked across the pedestrian bridge. It was a cloudy cool day fro a hike up the summit.

Hike was great. Good mix between inclines and straightaways. Was terrific!

Nice trail with few people even on a Sunday morning

Great hike. Not super strenuous. I'd go so far as to call it moderate to easy. Great views from the top, and not very many other people.

Great mix of incline and straight always. Loved that it wasn't too crowded (went on a Saturday too)

Super fun, my man and I do it all the time. We get on through residential and run it, so it's much shorter.

It was a tough run because I thought it was a good idea to do it on a 'dry run.'

Nice view on top, however it was kinda funky going around the water thingie.

It was an alright hike, not too memorable, except for the views at the summit.

Loved the view. Thought it might be too easy at the beginning but half way through it was a good challenge. Would recommend this anytime. Take your dog with you. Cooper loved it too.