Ben Overturff Trail

Ben Overturff Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Monrovia, California that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The scenery on this trail is beautiful and varied. It's hard to believe how secluded it is, considering how close it is to the city (I hiked on a Sunday afternoon and didn't see a single person on the trail).

The mileage on this page (currently listed as 4.2) is inaccurate, though, as you have to walk up a steep paved and dirt road for about a mile until you reach the trailhead. John Robinson's "Trails of the Angeles" book takes the road into consideration and lists the total mileage as 6.5 (4.2 on trail + 2.3 on the road).

Note: There were a couple of large downed trees on the trail before the summit, but folks have beaten a path around them, so they didn't slow us down.

One of my favorite hikes, but we continue on to White Saddle, on the fire road, which makes it a 10 mile hike total. We have seen a few bears on our hikes here. Once you get to white saddle it is a nice view of the other side of the San Gabriel mountains.

Great hike with beautify views

A short hike but I love the trees and rocks while hiking towards the waterfall. The waterfall isn't as breath taking as ones I have seen before but the journey to it was amazing. Very peaceful.

It was peaceful. Good elevation.I had a wonderful time. It is good for people who want short hikes. There was a little waterfall at the end. Hardly any water though. Lol