Bell Mountain

Bell Mountain is a 1.2 mile out and back trail located near Apple Valley, CA that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice short hike in the High Desert. It's a challenge, but the awesome views at the top are worth it!

Nice hike close to home. I was packing 40 pounds and the hike was not all that bad. It was short and the trail was for the most part easy to follow. Started at sunrise Sunday morning and seen a total of 4 people on the trail.

Nice trail....not too hard to stay on path. A little hard to find if not from the area. Bring water to enjoy the view from up top. Parking is on the dirt pathway before the trail. Will definitely come back to visit.

Nice short trail to the top of Bell Mountain. Pretty well marked and not difficult, but try to do it when it isn't so windy. Views at the top are great!

For a novice hiker this actually wasn't too bad for me!!! Highly recommended

Steep, a lot of rocks. Trail is no longer visible after half way. Our two teenage sons said it was easy, even with it being 99°

I approached it on the west side so it was probably harder than going up the trail. But I did not want to drive to the east base because there is a lot of broken glass and junk on those dirt roads in the desert. You can park on Choco Rd. (which is paved) and the walk to the mountain. Little Bell mt. is just to the south of Bell mt. which is also a good climb. Bell Mt. is pretty much straight up most of the way. Take a hiking pole because there is a lot of loose rocks and gravel. Overall a good but hard climb. The flag on top is ragged so if I go again I'll take a new flag.

It was a great hike, pretty easy on the legs. Easy to lose the trail, but other than that had a blast probably gonna go back soon

Really nice hike!!! We went a total of 2.6 miles round trip. It is super steep and sometimes slippery. It was a nice challenge. The trail is kind of hard to figure out at times, but this app helped a lot! I would say don't bring your little ones on this one!

Great little hike. Pretty challenging if you're new to hiking or not in the best shape. It's doable though. Just take your time. Trail isn't always clearly defined, but common sense gets you to the top. Beautiful views and plenty of spots to stop for a quick rest if you need it. I definitely will be back to do it again.

awesome hike !!

Trail needs to be more marked because after a while you loose it and have to make your own. :/

awesome hike

Gun

Fun

OH how I love this hike!!! Close to home, great workout....it will kick your butt. Trail a little hard to follow, some steep rocky parts but a good hike in a short amount of time. We ran into a couple of off leash dog, so beware if you take your dog.

Fun steep trail... Loved it

it's short but it will kick your ass I actually love it.

I do this hike anytime I'm in town to visit, it's a great workout for a short hike! Trail can be a little hard to follow, and it's definitely rocky. Terrain can be a bit loose, so wear sturdy shoes! Rattlesnakes can be a hazard in the warmer months, so be cautious. The hike offers spectacular views of the whole valley and theres a nice place to rest and take it all in at the top. One of my favorite return-to spots.