Bell Mountain

Bell Mountain is a 1.2 mile out and back trail located near Apple Valley, California that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice short hike in the High Desert. It's a challenge, but the awesome views at the top are worth it!

geocaching

Hiked up the steeper side in around 30 min. Enjoyed the views and solitude. Grabbed the TC virtual on top.

My husky pulled me up the mountain and she loved the exercise, wish it was a little better maintained but followed the path fairly easy.

NOT dog friendly. Had to turn around but I'll probably go back by myself. Trail ends about half way and you have to kind of find your own way to the flag at the top.
Three stars because it's not well maintained at all.

Not bad!!!had to turn back lost the trail for the dog!!!! would probably continue by my self!!

short but tough.

Nice hike close to home. I was packing 40 pounds and the hike was not all that bad. It was short and the trail was for the most part easy to follow. Started at sunrise Sunday morning and seen a total of 4 people on the trail.

Nice trail....not too hard to stay on path. A little hard to find if not from the area. Bring water to enjoy the view from up top. Parking is on the dirt pathway before the trail. Will definitely come back to visit.

Nice short trail to the top of Bell Mountain. Pretty well marked and not difficult, but try to do it when it isn't so windy. Views at the top are great!

For a novice hiker this actually wasn't too bad for me!!! Highly recommended

Steep, a lot of rocks. Trail is no longer visible after half way. Our two teenage sons said it was easy, even with it being 99°

I approached it on the west side so it was probably harder than going up the trail. But I did not want to drive to the east base because there is a lot of broken glass and junk on those dirt roads in the desert. You can park on Choco Rd. (which is paved) and the walk to the mountain. Little Bell mt. is just to the south of Bell mt. which is also a good climb. Bell Mt. is pretty much straight up most of the way. Take a hiking pole because there is a lot of loose rocks and gravel. Overall a good but hard climb. The flag on top is ragged so if I go again I'll take a new flag.

It was a great hike, pretty easy on the legs. Easy to lose the trail, but other than that had a blast probably gonna go back soon