Beechwood Trail to Hollywood Sign

Beechwood Trail to Hollywood Sign is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Los Angeles, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

This is the stairway on N. Beachwood Dr that's a shortcut to Hollyridge Dr. This is a great easy to moderate hike if you are visiting or new in town with great views of the Hollywood sign. At the top is a great 360 degree view behind the famous sign.

Pretty good trail. With the exception of making sure you have to park in a zone that does not require a permit. Last thing you need after a beautiful day and a hike is to come back to your car with a parking ticket or worse, towed.

Great Hike but Moderate plus due to the incline. I saw a lot of people just quit and turn around. Parking is tough we got lucky that someone was leaving when we arrived. Great Views, good for Pics. No shade, so wear your Sunblock

As a hike, so-so. Lots of people, even mid-week in November. Of course, the real reason is to get to the Hollywood sign... but even then the closest you can get is about 100 ft, due to fences (with lots of security cameras). It was a very hazy day too, maybe better views on a nice day.

So, I would call this borderline moderate. Cool view but pretty steep! No weekend parking so that's a drag and some of the locals are a--holes. My g.f.s and I were walking up the street talking but not making too much noise and this woman comes out of her house and tells us to get the f--- away from her house. A couple of weeks later I tried hiking to the sign from Canyon Drive north of Franklin Ave near the big Gelsons on the corner. Tons of parking on Canyon past the gate and in a dirt lot. The hike was maybe 10 minutes longer, but not as steep. Also water and decent rest rooms that were pretty clean and no screaming residents. After we went to the Trails Cafe on Fern Dell nearby.

Awesome hike. It's actually pretty difficult as it's all uphill. I'd say the first 20% of the hike is hard as the incline's the steepest but if you battle through it it's pretty awesome and it evens out a little. The views behind the Hollywood sign are really cool!

Love this hike. Its not too steep and the views are beautiful. There is not a lot of shade so it can get pretty hot.

I found this to be a difficult hike for my being mostly uphill. The views were definitely worth it though. I got to be so close to the Hollywood sign and there weren't a lot of other people there