Beechwood Trail to Hollywood Sign

Beechwood Trail to Hollywood Sign is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Los Angeles, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

This is the stairway on N. Beachwood Dr that's a shortcut to Hollyridge Dr. This is a great easy to moderate hike if you are visiting or new in town with great views of the Hollywood sign. At the top is a great 360 degree view behind the famous sign.

If you approach up the Beachwood Canyon entrance, there is no parking on the weekend on the streets for about 3/4 mile leading up to the trailhead. Agressively enforced! The trail itself is wide and well traveled, pretty gradual incline. Lots of people coming from other trails in the park. Upper half of the trail is blacktop. Great views of both Hollywood and the Valley and of course the iconic sign.

Make sure to bring sun screen and water. Also be prepared with the type of clothing you wearing and don't forget to wear hiking shoes. Most of the hike is uphill. On the other hand it has amazing views of Griffith Observatory, Downtown LA, and the Hollywood sign. I personally enjoyed the hike.

Fun time, took my son so we could check out our legendary Hollywood sign!

Nice views

Well, I got lost and decided to just wonder around and look at the different houses. I hate stairs so I'm glad I got lost and got to explore the neighborhood. It would be better if the stairs were easier to find. I would not consider this an easy outing. I'm out of shape and I met some alethic women that were struggling like I was.

Butt kicker going up the summit

Amazing

awesome

Too easy for me!!!! But beautiful and fun to see how big hollywood sign is up close.

2nd time and it was great!

I wish I could give this hike a real review but the directions if gives you to get there are wrong. Drive almost and hour and a half from home to go to this hike to get to the very top and the gates are chained up and it says no hiking access. Drive through this small neighborhood thinking we were getting closer to have to turn around and not be able to enter. Stop at a small grocery store near by to get directions and were told to go a different way and the same thing happen. Chained up gates and no access to the trails . Wasted a Saturday morning driving around and getting no where. Disappointing. If you want to give this a try don't follow the directions this app gives...

This trail is not as "easy" as they claim. Be prepared and bring water and sunscreen. Also, make sure after the first big hill to keep left. I went right and wound up almost at Griffith! Took almost 4 hours, but I was determined to get to the top! The view was worth it, but I won't be doing it again soon.