Bear Valley Trail to Wildcat Camp and Alamere Falls

Bear Valley Trail to Wildcat Camp and Alamere Falls is a 17.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Point Reyes Station, CA that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Hike to the Wildcat Campground from the Bear Valley Visitor Center. Explore the beauty that Point Reyes has to offer. The Palomarin entrance is more popular and thus more crowded, especially on the weekends. Bear Valley side affords more solitude and opportunity for running into wildlife.

the hike to the Alamere Fall is really actually about 18 miles roundtrip! The map is misleading and it only takes you to Arch Rock, which is already indefinitely closed, as announced by the park. You will need another one-way 4 mile trip off from Bear Valley, through Glen and Steward trail to Wildcat camp, and finally a walk on the beach to get to the Fall (about 1.5 miles).

But if you could walk 18 miles, it will worth it! Another way is through Palomarin trailhead, which is most common, and only 8 miles of roundtrip.

The ride was good.

It was awesome. It an annual pilgrimage for my family. We especially love hiking to Alamere Falls. It is 1 of only 6 tidefalls in North America. California has 2 of the 6 tidefalls. McWay Falls is the other tidefall and it is in Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park, Big Sur. It is on my list of things to do.

Make your perfect outing even better by eating at Cafe Reyes in Point Reyes Station. The are closed Monday's and Tuesday. I am not an family just really love eating their wood fired pizza's.

It was beautiful and fun.. love the waterfall at the end and the little Rock climbing. We had soo much fun that we forgot to start walking early, but glad we didn't cause it so much funner when your hiking back in pitch black closet dark at night with no flash light and only 4 percent of phone battery life left :) Kinda scary but super fun.

I did this this hike with my family a few weeks ago. It's easy and kid friendly. Beautiful views of the ocean.

We did a there and back hike here varying our routes slightly. The total hike was 17.7 miles and it took us roughly 6 hours to complete. I cannot imagine taking a child on this hike. Hiking back up from the ocean after already hiking 9 miles was super strenuous. That being said, the hike is beautiful and completely worth it.

This is by far one of my favorite hikes in the bat area. It's one I always suggest to people. It's not overly difficult and with a waterfall, the ocean and even a lake not far from the trail how can you go wrong. There are even some caves on the beach at the end of this hike. It's a definite must try.

Took 10 year old son with me. Pretty easy hike, beautiful coastal views, and a waterfall. Expect to see lots of fellow hikers sharing the trail.