Bear Flats via Bear Canyon Trail

Bear Flats via Bear Canyon Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Baldy, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is part of the Mt. Baldy Trail that reaches the summit. Bear Flats is 1.5 miles from the trailhead and opens up as small meadow within the mountains

Very nice hiking trail for my dog, she enjoyed it.

I summited Mt Baldy via this trail and it's quite the workout to put it lightly. The view on the way up to the summit is great - takes your mind away from how tired your body is feeling. >_

pretty

Cool little fern gully otw up to Baldy via the Old Mount Baldy trail. Very pretty and lots of shade until this point. Looked like there were some camping spots too. The trail to get up to Lookout Mt. is also right off of the flats.

Did this trail all the way to the summit then to west Baldy and down. I've heard this trail be called "the Baldy death march" and it lives up to the hype. 6,000ft elevation gain in 6 steep as it gets for hiking miles. I brought 4 liters of water as well as the essentials. Definitely the most challenging trail up Baldy and I would not recommend to the inexperienced or out of shape. Also *expect to add a extra mile each way due to no parking allowed at trail head.* 14 total miles according to my gps.

It's a Nice trail, it's another way to go to MT San Antonio really difficult, need a lot the water.

A steep hike with excellent views. I came across a rattle snake near the end so be alert!

Fun little trail especially if you plan to go to the lodge after. On the way up there are plenty of great views of the mountains and scenery. The flats is a great place to hang out or bring up lunch. Just pack out what you pack in!

Great little hike, and a good one to use to measure progress. Great southern views halfway up after the first round of switchbacks. Awesome hike if you wanna earn that cold beer at the lodge after!

Great views, cool houses to see along the path just before the trail starts.

Nice little hike. Its mostly shaded and used little; we only saw a group of three and a solo hiker the whole time. The best view is about half way to Bear Flats where you're on the south side in the sun; you get a nice valley view. Its a climb and can be strenuous if you're packing in a little one.

Hiked up to Baldy from Village. It was fun... A lot of other hikers I knew were on the trail. It makes it feel safe to go up there alone. Weather was perfect. Not too hot or cold. Carried microspikes for nothing. NO SNOW

This was an unbelievable day of hiking.I can't believe it is February and the trail is completely free of snow. However there is a storm due next weekend and I suspect all that will change. So, I feel very fortunate to hike today in this pristine wilderness and forest. This is such a beautiful hike. I went with two friends and we summited Baldy. Well worth the effort. Bye Baldy for awhile …I smell SNOW!!!!

This was a warm day on Baldy. I was all alone! Hardly met anyone. THere was still Ice on the ridge and it was quite windy at that juncture. I turned around at that point. I know other people made it to the top today but not I!!. Next time!

Finished up the peak trail to Badly and passes right through the bear canyon trail. Nice little hike before hitting the switchbacks up to the top