Beach Trail / Broken Hill Trail Loop

Beach Trail / Broken Hill Trail Loop is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near San Diego, California that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

sea kayaking

surfing

beach

It should be stated that you have to pay a parking fee ($12-$15). Or you can park 2 miles away & walk up a steep hill to the trail head.

This is a regular for us here in Del Mar. Beautiful trails, obviously hot and not a lot of shade

Loved the views & the way the trails were marked

Beautiful trail. Excellent views and scenery. Easy going downhill that leads to a very pretty beach. Rough coming back up for me as I have very severe asthma. I was not in good shape at a couple of points because of the constant incline and no way to escape the direct sunlight. An easier alternative would be to park at the bottom lot and walk back to your car via the beach vs coming straight back up the hill.

Beautiful scenery! We took my 3 1/2 yo with us. She did fine until the middle up hill climb and needed a piggy back ride for some of it. We were fine with it and new this would happen beforehand. But I recommend leaving the toddler at home if you don't want to have to carry them for part of it. Or, if you need to take them just hike/walk the beginning and turn around and go back the same way before it goes down hill. It'll still be a beautiful view!

Very pretty cliffs & ocean. A little crowded. Would recommend parking at the bottom (main entrance) and hiking up the hill at the beginning, walking along the beach, and meeting up with your car at the end.