Bay View Marsh Trail

Bay View Marsh Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Pablo, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Explore the marsh Point on this loop trail. There are stunning views of the Bay as you walk along the shoreline on The Bay View Trail. Pt. Pinole Regional Shoreline is a little known jewel of the East Bay Regional Park District. Located just off the Richmond Parkway in Richmond, it was the location of the Giant Powder Plant. The Giant Powder Company was the first company in America to produce dynamite. The park is approx 2,600 acres with a variety of very easy trails. The park also includes a playground, volley ball court, picnic areas, a fishing wharf, shuttle service and equestrian trailer parking. All trails are old roads from the powder plant and wander throughout the park, following the shoreline with beautiful views of the San Pablo Bay and Marin and through the eucalyptus trees.

Love this walk. We've been doing it for years and it's a great place to enjoy one of the few places where the bay edge / marsh can be viewed in a relatively pristine state. It's also interesting because it's at the transition point between bay and delta water and so there is a lot of diverse landscape. Good for jogging or walking, one could spend an hour or a day here. Great eucalyptus forest covers much of the landscape. Very beautiful.

Pt Pinole Regional Park

Nice place to stroll with my dogs. Pretty good views that you wouldn't normally see. My wife liked this one because there wasn't any hills... We saw quite a few hikers and runners that day.

Hiking here is like a stroll in the park! This trail is great for running.

I follow the Cooks Point Trail then the Marsh Trail all the way to the edge of the water. Love the peaceful and tranquil scenery.

Went down to the beach during the low tide, instead of the usual trail on the cliff, the hike was was serene.

Enjoyed the views, it was a relaxing hike. Easy and quick.

I have been in this trail many times but I've never tired of it. Plenty to see but my favorite was the sunset.

One of the few places we've been that really do let dogs off leash for most of the walk--and everyone was so friendly about it. Plenty of picnic area too. Would recommend arriving later in the day so you can catch the sunset.

Plenty to do and see, my favorite was the dense eucalyptus forest in the middle of the park. Only knock is that it's not much of a workout

Beautiful place along the coast, dog friendly off leash and plenty of room to get away from other people.

Very scenic, but dont expect much of a workout. The trail is pretty flat but there is very interesting history in the area.

I went on this hike a week ahead of my group. Not as scout but got the wrong date. I got there a few minutes late and assumed they were ahead. I decided to jog to meet them. After half hour I realized I was a week early. When I came back the next week, I was happy to noticed they took a different path of the many choices in here. I used to come often more than 15 years ago. It was not as developed as now. Great view of the sunset and a few spots to sit with a date and enjoy it. I have someone in mind to do just that...