Batiquitos Lagoon Trail

Batiquitos Lagoon Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Carlsbad, California that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great workout hike, contours lagoon, golf course, and nature trail This is a great workout hike during the week. This trail is one the entire family can enjoy since there is something for everyone. Lots of herons, mud hens, lizards, rabbits, lagoon, and flora views. It's not not too crowded, depending on time of day and weather. One drawback is bikes, and people stoping on the trail to enjoy the area, so pay attention.

I took my dog on this trail and it was so much fun! I have a very old dog who also has arthritis and can't do many hikes but I like to get him outside as much as I can. He loved it! He was so excited and it was just long enough that by the time we got back to the car he was ready to sleep.

Great morning walk!

Great easy hike to do with little ones. Stroller friendly and wide enough to walk side by side. Well maintained with lots of joggers.

Easy walk on a wide, fairly well maintained dirt trail. It runs between the lagoon and a golf course for much of the trail. You never totally get away from the sounds of traffic (I-5) but it gets quiet enough for small animals like lizards and birds to sun themselves on the posts along the way.

Great walk for dogs! My dog was exhausted and loved meeting other dogs.

Nice 3 mile walk if you do the whole thing back and forth.

Went for a nice walk with my sister... this trail has many entrances, it is flat and about 1.5 miles in length. We found a swing that was at the West Point of the hike. You have a view of the 5 freeway and the ocean. It's beautiful

Nice walking course...Moderate number of people were walking & running. Felt found a gem...

Great trail for a first time hiker/runner, or someone who's trying to get back into shape.

Easy to walk, flat ground... PLENTY of benches to sit down at and enjoy the view, eat a snack, or catch your breath. Can get windy past 3pm. Busy trail on the weekends, and in the mornings. Hardly anyone there on weekdays around noon. Haven't had any issues with bugs or wildlife. My husband and I frequent this trail!

Also, a lot of POKESTOPS! :)

Baby runner friendly!

This is a really pretty little walk. I like that there are a couple of trash and recycling cans along the way.