Bassi Falls

Bassi Falls is a 1.2 mile out and back trail located near Pollock Pines, CA that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from February until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

easy, short hike to incredible waterfall It is an easy 10 minute walk from the parking area to the falls. But the trail is not all that clear. At first the trail is easy to follow, but soon reaches an open area, where you have to make your way over granite rock, and the trail becomes indistinct. But it is not hard to find the falls because you can clearly hear it, and eventually you will see it from a distance away. When we were here on a Sunday afternoon in early May, there were surprisingly quite a few cars parked at the trailhead. When you reach the base of Bassi Falls, you will be treated to an awesome view of the entire 120 ft. cascade. Later in the summer, there is really not much to see, as Bassi Creek becomes a mere fragment of its former self. For more info, see my <a href="http://www.waterfallswest.com/ca_bassi.html">website</a>. Note: this hike is only in the newest edition of "California Waterfalls" (A. Brown) below.

The road is very rough and this late in the season, the waterfall is almost dry.

Fun and easy

We followed the GPS and it led us to a dirt road. We were unsure if it was the right way because there are no signs at Ice Road. We parked at the campground across the dirt road. It took us 2 miles to walk to the Bassi Falls trail entrance. It was a nice walk but when a vehicle would pass you, there would be a fog of dirt. If you decide to drive till the Trail entrance, you can park at the side of the road. It takes an additional 1.25 mile walk to the falls. The falls did not have much water since we were there during the summer but its still a nice site! Rocks and some tide pools! My husband climbed up the rocks.

The little peeps loved it here!!!

The falls are gorgeous. I recommend hiking in from the road instead of parking so you have a longer hike and get to soak in the views. Dog friendly.

Hiked this 7/22/16 and it was lovely! Based on ranger recommendations for my car (06 mustang) I parked at the top of millionaires camp (across from Big Silver Group Camp up a dirt/gravel road) and did the 2 mile hike up to the falls. He said the shorter road was way too aggressive for a car and would bury the suspension. It was my first hike and I did really well. Not too strenuous but challenging enough with various terrain and some incline. The falls had some water that felt great. Trail was clear enough and whenever I doubted if I was going the right way there was a trail marker in sight. It was hot but there was partial shade. Not too trafficked either (especially for Friday afternoon/evening with the trail head being in a campground). Will definitely do it again!!

Very short hike! But very pretty. In total, the hike was about 3 miles roundtrip. The directions off this app are a little off, the turn off for the trailhead is a little before these directions designate. When you make this turn off of Ice House Rd it's a dirt road that could get a bit treacherous if you're not in an SUV/Truck. Also you cannot park right at the beginning of trail. So park along the side there's a couple turnouts on the dirt road before the trailhead. Still a good amount of water, no one on the trail at all and we brought our dog who loved the swimming and we enjoyed the swimming too!

The trail is absolutely beautiful you're surrounded in a forest. Not allot of people. The trail is marked but you have to look in the trees where it shows a little symbol of hiker, not really hard to miss. I've only been to the lower part but I will be going back to go through the full hike.

The falls were pretty. Part of the trail was a little unclear. We parked at Bassi creek parking lot. We thought we'd take a short cut to towering rock parking lot. It's not a shortcut! (Which explains my track).
From ice house resort you go over 3 bridges then turn right on the first road after the third bridge

Easy hike to the base of the falls. Lots of families & dogs enjoying the pools. If you decide to hike to the top, look out, loose granite, slippery.

Went on this trail with a group of 9 people. From first time to experience hikers. we wanted to do the 2 miles hike, so we stopped and asked for directions. Long story short make a right on an unmarked road across from big silver group campground. follow the road to the end, and go down the marked path for more of a easy to follow hike trail. We all loved this place. About 1hr or less hike. we got to see 2 waterfalls. 1 Half way there and a big one at the end. easy hike with a little of incline there. great for kids and animals. we went on a Monday and got there at 2-3pm. barely anyone around until 4-5 when we left.

Wish there were signs on Ice house Rd saying where to turn for Bassi Falls. Glad i found it. Was an easy hike. And well worth it. One of my favorite short hikes. A great place to take a friend on their 1st hike or to do that 1st hike alone. Its a well marked path also.

think there should be a sign off of ice house road that says where to turn to Bassi Falls. But glad i found it. Its an easy hike and well marked. Well worth it. One of my favorites now. Great place to take a friend on a 1st hike.

Great Hike! I took my wife and 3 kids (ages 4;5&8) and we had a blast! The directions to get here were perfect and the waterfall was still gushing mid June! Take a light jacket, it was about 30 degrees cooler than the bottom of the hill in Sacramento. Definitely going back!

Beautiful trail with falls, some parts shaded, you can do 4 miles RT

Worth going for sure .... Fantastic pools to play around in for kids or dogs and you can climb up the falls 1/2 way. I'm sure there is a way to the top but we didn't look or try hard. Will be back for sure! Not very well marked but you can find it !

We go here every year. The road has gotten bumpier so you may add some distance to your hike depending on how far down you can get your car on the dirt road, but it's a pretty easy hike. The water flow will truly depend on how the winter has gone and how much snow we have gotten. The flow is really awesome right now. Great spot to spend the day for some sun and a picnic, but be advised right now there seems to be a lot of high altitude bees around.