Bassi Falls

Bassi Falls is a 1.2 mile out and back trail located near Pollock Pines, CA that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from February until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

easy, short hike to incredible waterfall It is an easy 10 minute walk from the parking area to the falls. But the trail is not all that clear. At first the trail is easy to follow, but soon reaches an open area, where you have to make your way over granite rock, and the trail becomes indistinct. But it is not hard to find the falls because you can clearly hear it, and eventually you will see it from a distance away. When we were here on a Sunday afternoon in early May, there were surprisingly quite a few cars parked at the trailhead. When you reach the base of Bassi Falls, you will be treated to an awesome view of the entire 120 ft. cascade. Later in the summer, there is really not much to see, as Bassi Creek becomes a mere fragment of its former self. For more info, see my <a href="http://www.waterfallswest.com/ca_bassi.html">website</a>. Note: this hike is only in the newest edition of "California Waterfalls" (A. Brown) below.

The trail is absolutely beautiful you're surrounded in a forest. Not allot of people. The trail is marked but you have to look in the trees where it shows a little symbol of hiker, not really hard to miss. I've only been to the lower part but I will be going back to go through the full hike.

The falls were pretty. Part of the trail was a little unclear. We parked at Bassi creek parking lot. We thought we'd take a short cut to towering rock parking lot. It's not a shortcut! (Which explains my track).
From ice house resort you go over 3 bridges then turn right on the first road after the third bridge

Easy hike to the base of the falls. Lots of families & dogs enjoying the pools. If you decide to hike to the top, look out, loose granite, slippery.

Went on this trail with a group of 9 people. From first time to experience hikers. we wanted to do the 2 miles hike, so we stopped and asked for directions. Long story short make a right on an unmarked road across from big silver group campground. follow the road to the end, and go down the marked path for more of a easy to follow hike trail. We all loved this place. About 1hr or less hike. we got to see 2 waterfalls. 1 Half way there and a big one at the end. easy hike with a little of incline there. great for kids and animals. we went on a Monday and got there at 2-3pm. barely anyone around until 4-5 when we left.

Wish there were signs on Ice house Rd saying where to turn for Bassi Falls. Glad i found it. Was an easy hike. And well worth it. One of my favorite short hikes. A great place to take a friend on their 1st hike or to do that 1st hike alone. Its a well marked path also.

think there should be a sign off of ice house road that says where to turn to Bassi Falls. But glad i found it. Its an easy hike and well marked. Well worth it. One of my favorites now. Great place to take a friend on a 1st hike.

Great Hike! I took my wife and 3 kids (ages 4;5&8) and we had a blast! The directions to get here were perfect and the waterfall was still gushing mid June! Take a light jacket, it was about 30 degrees cooler than the bottom of the hill in Sacramento. Definitely going back!

Beautiful trail with falls, some parts shaded, you can do 4 miles RT

Worth going for sure .... Fantastic pools to play around in for kids or dogs and you can climb up the falls 1/2 way. I'm sure there is a way to the top but we didn't look or try hard. Will be back for sure! Not very well marked but you can find it !

We go here every year. The road has gotten bumpier so you may add some distance to your hike depending on how far down you can get your car on the dirt road, but it's a pretty easy hike. The water flow will truly depend on how the winter has gone and how much snow we have gotten. The flow is really awesome right now. Great spot to spend the day for some sun and a picnic, but be advised right now there seems to be a lot of high altitude bees around.

So glad we finally decided to take this hike. The waterfall is beautiful and so is the entire area. This post only mentions the 1/2 mile hike to the falls. We took the 2 mile hike from the Bassi Creek parking area (4 miles RT). The longer trail runs near Bassi Creek and offers many smaller waterfalls along the way to Bassi Falls. I would recommend taking the longer route. It's beautiful and an easy hike. Once you get to Bassi Falls there is water everywhere! This is a great hike for kids and dogs since there are plenty of shallow areas to play in.

The road is still closed, so we hiked it. This is a great, perfect time of year for this hike. The falls where awesome!

There's a long trail from Bassi Creek campgrounds that goes up the river to the falls about 2 or 3 miles each way. the river is beautiful and full. Falls were gorgeous.

awesome for whole family of all ages..I have five kids age 15,9,7,5,2 and all enjoyed very much. best time to see the water would be spring.. any other time not much water to see.

awesome for the whole family of all ages.. I have 5 kids ages 15,9,7,5,2 and they all enjoyed