Bodega Dunes Trail

Bodega Dunes Trail is a 8.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bodega Bay, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Gorgeous views and beautiful weather.

Lots of options. We cut over to the beach and walked part of the way back on it. Sandy trail so we didn't go as far as we thought. I say it is moderate.

Beautiful scenery. We didn't exactly follow the trail but ended up on the beach anyway and altogether logged 4 miles. It was a nice hike that you could easily increase the intensity level if you choose to.

Pleasant hike, and I'm not kidding; I can't say enough great things about the Dunes camp grounds, other then it's the best camping in 100 miles easily. I grew up camping here my whole life and never once had a problem with rangers or groundsmen. They let my parents get away with some pretty rowdy shenanigans as long as your polite and respectful to them and the nature around you. They even don't mind (or haven't for me) allowing sleeping in overflow parking for the night for free. Very nice people there and much love for that place.