Barber Peak Loop Trail

Barber Peak Loop Trail is a 5.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Nipton, CA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from October until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I loved this trail. We even did the loop trail. That was pretty physically demanding but totally worth it.

I did this trail in combination with the two other major trails at the Hole In The Wall, Rings Loop and Hole In The Wall to Mid Hills. After exiting the Banshee Canyon, part of the Rings Loop, I connected to the Barber Peak Loop trail going counterclockwise around Barber Peak. There are some moderate gains but nothing too difficult. There are some great views of the Table Mountain and Barber Peak itself.

The trail is well marked. It crosses a number of four wheel roads and well used cow paths. Towards the north end the trail follows a road a good bit and eventually meets up with the Hole In the Wall trail. i followed the Hole In the Wall trail for a few miles then turned around and competed the Barber Peak Loop going counter clockwise.

Since I did all or a portion of all three, my total time was 9m in 4.5 hrs.

The Barber Peak loop itself is 6mi. This should take you anywhere for 3-4hrs depending on your pace.