Barbara's Lake Loop Trail

Barbara's Lake Loop Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Laguna Beach, CA that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Nice trail. Lake is dried up. It wasn't a couple of months ago when we hiked here last. Couple good climbs and narrow steep descents. Not a lot of traffic. This morning few other hikers and couple trail runners. Bring plenty of water. No dogs allowed.

I love being in nature so this trail receives 4 stars but I don't know how this trail is "easy" and quick. I hiked this trail by myself. I took the Lake Trail to the Canyon Trail as the map for this hikes says. Nearly half the trail is uphill and when you come down the trail is narrow and steep. I was prepared for a easy 3 mile hike not this. Now I know. I may come back when I'm better prepared (like more water).

I saw a total of 6 people on the trail and 3 others hanging out in hammocks. There are so many trails, it's easy to be on a trail by yourself for awhile.

good

Good, easy hike for families! The lake is dried up, but stop at the Nature Center and get the handout that helps you identify animals by the scat you find along the trail. My kids had a great time looking at animal poop! They "identified" a bobcat, a coyote, raccoons, opossums, and a deer. :)

Lake is dry right now

Nice walk with children!

Great!

Easy nice loop trail.

Easy. Quick.

The lake is dried up. Much of the loop has views on homes. It's an easy little loop though.

This is a great stroll through Laguna canyon. Bring a hat, sunscreen, and get the kids out of the house.

Went to go hike this today but the parking lot is only open from 8am-5pm and it was my first time going so I didn't know where else to park. Will come back later in the day on another day (came at 7am) to check it out.

Nice place for a hike. Lots of options.
We took the Lake Trail to the Edison Trail then the Canyon Trail back. My wife has a bad ankle and the Canyon Trail was a little of a challenge from the Reservoir 'til it flattened out. Next time we'll either go up the Canyon Trail or take the gravel road to back to the lake trail.

I see in the description that the trails are for hiking and mountain biking but all I saw was No Bicycle signs so maybe that's changed.

Just hiked this trail with elementary age kids today and had a wonderful trip. We took Lake Trail to Edison Trail and back down on Canyon Trail. It is beautiful right now with all of the green and the spring flowers. We did see one huge frog in the lake as well. Really magical and a good hike with kids.

Nice place to get in a quick hike.

It's a very nice little walk through the hills. Very little people on the trail.