Kenneth Hahn Recreation Area

Kenneth Hahn Recreation Area is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Los Angeles, CA that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Street Only

The trail is okay, however if you do the trail and go to the lake it's a perfect nature day right in the middle of the city. This is one of LA's hidden treasures, bring a blanket and make a picnic by the lake (pond). Parking is free on weekdays.

$6 parking on weekends. We didn't know about parking costs and left cash at home. There is free parking on Stocker and La Brea.

Kenneth Hann Park is great for mountain bike training. It's hills and many extensive technical curves are sometimes difficult to maneuver; however, with extreme caution, a rider can overcome and learn from such trails. Great for an early/ afternoon hike/mountain bike ride! This is what I like to call my "back yard" for training purposes.

First time at this Park for hiking and walking had a great time

Wow. My boyfriend and I hiked up to Autumn's Peak to watch the 4th of July fireworks and it was amazing. Big payoff for relatively little work. Because it was after hours we parked down by La Brea and Don Lorenzo Dr. so we wouldn't get ticketed. So we had some boring ground to cross before we got to the recreation center loop. It doesn't really get interesting until you go east of Cloverdale Ave. but the view up at Autumn's Peak was amazing and fireworks were literally going off all over the city for hours. Absolutely fantastic.

geocaching

Love to do this hike when I pick up or drop off at LAX.

Full loop directions on my blog:

A great close destination. An island of nature in the midst of petroleum ugliness. You can't get lost; downhill leads back to your car.

Not bad. Little confused on where to start, but we figured it out. Just park, climb the hill, and turn right. That will lead you to park where you can jog with others.

love coming here with my great diamond in the rough with great views of Downtown! and love the new exercise equipment.

great view of LAX and Santa Monica

Great hike and beautiful scenery!

Hidden gem right smack in the middle of this megalopolis called L.A. If you live here, GO!! You won't regret it! Any MUST DO for any REAL Angelino