Bailey Canyon Trail to Jones Peak

Bailey Canyon Trail to Jones Peak is a 6.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Sierra Madre, California that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round.

A good work out! You can stop at the top of Jones or keep going to continue on to much longer trails. I was moving at a decent speed at it took me 3 hours to finish.

Well maintained trail with decent views of the surrounding area. It'll be hard mostly because of the many switchbacks that keep going up. I think most should be able to do it if you take your time. It only took me a hour and a half to make it to the peak with a few water/picture breaks. But, I do a decent amount of hiking so I'm not the average person. Coming down was a lot quicker. Don't forget the sun screen. There are a few shaded spots, but they are far a few in between.

Best workout for the distance. Just put your head down and keep walking. Challenging but lovely. If you're feeling motivated to do more distance when you get to Jones Peak you can take the saddle over to the Mt. Wilson Trail where you come out just south of orchard camp. About 9-10 miles round trip.

Although we only made it back the falls, and despite there being only a trickle of water, this trail provided a much needed stroll through our local woods. Fellow hikers were friendly, the air was fresh and crisp and the bird songs were enchanting. There is a small nature trail across from the bridge; we had fun reading and learning about the foothills' plant life. Picnic tables and live-edge wood benches can be found near the parking lot. Although the parking lot is on the smaller side it is gated; the area is posted as open from sunrise to sunset.

This is a very steep hike with excellent views of the city. I did it on a cloudy and relatively cool day in about 3 hours (stops included). I can imagine it being very difficult on a hot and sunny day though, as there's barely any shade.