Camp Ohlone Road

Camp Ohlone Road is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Sunol, CA and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This trail takes you directly to Little Yosemite.

As a part of our Sunol Regional Wilderness Loop Hike (8.5 miles), we started at the Indian Joe Creek Trailhead, then we turned to Canyon View Trail, continued onto Camp Ohlone Road, Geary Road, Backpack Road, McCorkle Trail, Eagle View Road, Cave Rocks Road and finally returned to Indian Joe Creek Trail to complete the loop. This hike was an 8.5-mile loop hike (4.5 hours) with a total ascent of 1,900 feet. The scenery was fantastic and we all got a very good workout.

Easy overall. I only went till the dam and headed back. I just followed the road all the way.

easy to moderate hike. went to the park boundary instead of the backpack camp. beautiful hike that is crowded at beginning and then thins out at after Little Yosemite

I did this last week. the hike on the trail was not bad at all. climbing the boulders is what got me tired, but it was really fun! the water was running so it was pretty. we were able to dip our feet in and relax!

It's definitely an autumn trail for me, main parts of the trail is exposed to the sun. Much better to trek with a little over cast above. There are a lot of side trails that run along the creek. Beautiful views, lots of parking, lots of dragon flys in the area.

Cool place. . way better if you go off the path. ..

Very nice trail system that is well marked. Parking is $5 and you will get a map. Little Yosemite was bone dry this time of year. Nice views of Calaveras reservoir in spots. This trail area is much more than just this loop or just Little Yosemite. There are lots of trails and this trail system and can connect you into the Ohlone Wilderness Trail which is 20 miles long, goes through Mt.Rose and ends up at Del Valle Lake in Livermore. Dog-friendly trail but no dogs on Ohlone Trail or allowed in camp sites. Camp sites require you get an overnight permit in advance. Easy to moderate depending on the trail. Little Yosemite is flat and easy.

Nice easy walk to the little yosemite falls good place for the kids to cool off in the cold water, right now the Calaveras reservoir reconstruction project the has brought the water level way down but still a nice place to visit.

A very beautiful sunset hike up to the backcountry campground where I stayed the night outdoors listening to the coyotes, cows, and crickets. The views were great and it was very isolated considering it is only a 45-minute drive from SF. Hiked back the next morning. There are some steep sections but the views are worth it.

I have visited this park several times but never completed the hike because I was distracted by the gorgeous swimming holes. I enjoyed climbing between boulders up the creek while taking a refreshing dip along the way. this park is very dog friendly as well. One of my favorites.

It was a great trail hike! There are two trails you can choose from. Of course we chose the hardest trail with the steepest hikes. But at the end we found little Yosemite and it was worth the hike.