Backbone Trail to Mesa Peak

Backbone Trail to Mesa Peak is a 24.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Agoura Hills, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

I'm not sure how this trail ended up being rated moderate. I found it to be pretty easy with the exception of the heat; the shade was minimal. This would be a good trail for dogs. Just make sure to keep them leased as there are a lot of mt bikers and we did see a snake.

People think L.A. is all city but we are lucky since mountains are all around us, so many great hikes and this is a great one if you just want to go out at the spur of the moment.

Awesome Hike !!! However I did shatter my ankle while running on the way down to Malibu canyon Rd. We did 10.5 miles total and stopped for a while at the "Jim Morrison Caves"

This trail is badass!!! We had the best day riding this rugged trail. It can be a little difficult at times for a beginner rider, but it is well worth the struggle. It takes you down into the Valley with a single track trail that moves through the woods... It moves from small uphill climbs to downhill rides very quickly. I love that about it because there's never a long climb to wear you out! It's still a great aerobic workout though.

An awesome added piece of art you'll see is the over extended heart carved out of a dried out tree ... If you pass it you're definitely not looking at your surroundings :-)

When we finished biking the trail, we climbed up to the giant rocks surrounding the parking area. The views are amazing!! We couldn't get enough of this location and this experience.

Enjoy the ride, it's awesome!
-Whit and Ed