Arroyo Verde Park

Arroyo Verde Park is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Ventura, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I love this park. There are a few options for loop trails. For more difficulty, stay to the left. There options for climbing further back in the hills as well. It offers great ocean and hillside views and can be made longer or shorter depending on the time you have and path you take. I wear my daughter in a baby carrier and we do this hike 2-3 times a week. Nothing technical, just a fun time. Great for trail running too. We are lucky to have it so close.

Took my 6 year old grandchild on this trail today, we got a decent leg work out. Sad to see how brown everything is along the trail. I've just moved here from Utah and am realizing the extent of the drought here. Still a lovely state to live in. Look forward to exploring more trails in this area.

Trail was a nice blend of up and down. Went a second day for a short hike and - Rattlesnake on the trail and he was huge! Snake didn't fit in well with this family oriented park. I won't go back.

Made me sore- which is good! Bring your dogs with you too!!

I am a beginner, it was work. But will do it again. Can't give up! This will Get me in shape!

At first it seemed like a simple trail. As I continued, I discovered that there were spots where it was steep climbing and your stamina was definitely tested. Overall, I enjoyed the hike and would do it again.

Moderate1 mile hike with the kiddos!!! Easy Day!

Not very challenging. It's a trail off of the park so not much of a scenic hike but still pretty view of the beach and Ventura. Good for beginnings or with children

Very pedestrian trail not much of a challenge or length to the trails but gets a bonus star for possible California Condor sighting. Don't want to give away too much but climb high.

don't hike here!

Nice!

Arroyo is great! Moderate difficulty and family friendly. Plenty of dogs, but mostly on leashes. On the weekends, there is a parking fee inside of the park, but you can park on Foothill and walk in.

I hike this every week, but there's usually so many people and off leash dogs it doesn't feel like a trail. It's an easy hike as well that you can use for cardio.