Arroyo Pescadero Trail

Arroyo Pescadero Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Whittier, CA that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Easy trail. Didn't see as much dog or horse poop as some of the other reviewers, I thought it was fine. This is an easy hike for beginners. Not many inclines at all but the trail has some nice scenery

I like this trail. Nice morning shade with tranquil scenery. Not too rigorous for beginners but a nice up and downhill hiking.

Nice peaceful trail, only saw two other groups in the two hours we were there. Only a few shady spots but enough to stop for lunch.

Love it

Overall this trail wasn't bad I went to get out the house and take some pictures I wouldn't recommend this trail only because the parking and location it isn't bad but one week after buying my jeep I took it there and parked it about 45 minutes later I can back to find my passenger window broken with glass everywhere at least keep that in mind they didn't steal a whole lot but now I had to buy a new window just not the best location parking is hidden from the street.

First time on this trail and it was easy to find. Large wide path so you don't feel cramped when other people are around. You can choose to go up a steep hill or a medium hill. Didn't see any animals and there is no water. Not much shade either so I can imagine summer days can get really hot. Easy for our dogs to do al well.

Nice and fresh. Good workout!

Short, good hike. Trail was peaceful, not too many people even on a Saturday morning. So close to Whittier, it's great.

Great quiet trail!

Safe and easy.
Took my three kids there.
Not much shade and usually a dry heat in the area.
Feces from horses and maybe dogs present enough to make it memorable.

Two separate trails on this.. Either you have one to the left which is the easier and the shorter trail which includes a deer loop trail which occasionally you'll see wildlife from deer, coyotes, rabbits and rattlesnakes depending on the time of day. And then there's the longer trail which connects to the smaller trail. Unfortunately as in all trails that allow dogs, people don't think it's necessary to pick up their poop so you'll see it a lot on these paths. This is the more popular trail so you'll see way more people and groups so be wary of parking bc it will get full.

Nice short loop, wedged between several residential tract neighborhoods in the Puente Hills. It's pretty heavily traveled, but in spots down in the canyon, you can almost forget there are several major streets about a 10 minute walk away in any given direction. It's was a good walk for the dog.

I've done this trail three times already and I really enjoy it. I job some parts and walk others. It's a smooth trail that the whole family can join. The parking is small, but if you're there early on the weekends you should not have any trouble.

use to like this trail but haven't been back since our car was broken into and my purse was stolen. when police officer was taking my report, I was told there has been a rash of car burglaries here at the trail parking lately. No STARS for you, but had to add one to get my post added.

Very nice trail saw a snake today getting some sun. My only complaint is I wish dog owners would pick up after their dogs. Lots of poop on parts of the trail. But otherwise very nice trail. Can't wait to do the other loops.

Of all the Habitat Authority managed trails, this I find is the best for running.

This was a nice trail, not to tough at all. Walked it with my mom. Not to many people out on the trail. We didn't see any wild life, but my mama tells me there are deer out there.

I enjoyed the hike, took the harder route that takes you under Colima via a tunnel which was cool. Saw 2 deer, rabbits, squirrels, and lots of birds. Was all alone and it was nice and peaceful. I saw 1 other person on the hike back, he was friendly. Not a difficult hike by any means but I got a good workout.