Arrowhead Pinacles Trail

Arrowhead Pinacles Trail is a 4.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Lake Arrowhead, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

cave

great day hike

Had so much fun on this hike today.
First time there so not sure what it was like before all the fire damage. But the scenery is now surreal!
A little tough finding the trail at times, so take note while hiking so you know your way back.

Fun trail that gets a bit tough towards the end if you are not an avid hiker.

I would rate this short hike (4.47 miles) as a moderately strenuous hike. As others have stated it is easy to lose the trail. I was happy I had my gps with me. I was able to get back on track because of it. The final mile requires a lot of scrambling over rocks. Great hike though and well worth the challenge.

We hiked this trail today. The trail was rough and required having to clamber over rocks at some parts to make the summit. The trail is easy to lose as other hikers have written. At the top of the trail you will be reward by awesome views. Beautiful!

The trail was hard to find at times but overall it was a nice trail with a good view of both the desert and the mountains at the top. Great day hike.

Beautiful, clear, cool day. Took my dog. Loved taking pictures of flowers throughout the easy beginnings a later climbing through boulders to reach the gorgeous views up top.

Just walked today. It was beautiful but we had a run in with a mountain lion up top. There was a few growls then we had to turn back for safety reasons. Be careful up there guys!

Great hike to help you get in shape for other peak climbing.

I went on this hike last month. There was absolutely no one on the trail...probably because it was 93•. The trail was great, with wonderful views. The trail isn't marked very well. It is easy to get lost, especially on the way back. Make sure you take lots of water.

Wound up off trail easily, and turned into rock climbing. Beautiful scenery.

Nice hike! Arduous at times and some neat little Boulder caves to explore off the beaten path. Bring some paper and pen to leave a piece of you behind in a little box when you reach the top.

One of our favorite hikes. I wouldn't agree on it really being dog friendly. Once you reach the top you have to free climb a little and I'm not sure how your pooch would be able to get up there with you. There are three pinnacles, so you think you're reaching the peak two times before you're actually there. There's a flag marking the final pinnacle where you're going to ascend to. There a box up there with some supplies and notebooks for you to sign. It's a wonderful hike with rewarding views at the end. Just make sure you being lots of water -- it got pretty hot in the summer!!

We went after a storm which I think created a lot of false trails. We ended up losing the trail a number of times so be careful if you go. We spent the better part of the hike down pushing through the brush until we found the creek. Once we found that we scrambled down to the bottom and kept following it until we found the fence for the gun range. There is a false summit but the real summit is not too much father. It's a beautiful view up top.

Here's video of the trip!

Beautiful view from the top! As others have noted, there' say false summit before the top. Be prepared to do some bouldering. A gorgeous hike!