Antelope Loop Trail

Antelope Loop Trail is a 5.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Lancaster, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve This loop walk includes the two primary loops and hilltop viewing areas at Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve. Generally an easy-to-moderate jaunt, this walk can get tough in high heat or in strong gusty desert winds. Bring plenty of water and wind protection. And don't forget the sunscreen. This park was established to protect outstanding seasonal displays of native wildflowers, in particular the California Poppy, our state flower. The park includes seven miles of trails winding through wildflower fields, hilltops, and a lovely spring-fed desert valley. The wildflower blooms generally happen from March through May with the peak viewing period in Mid-April. The best poppy showing occurs when the temperature is over 70F and wind is less than 10mph. In season watch for: Poppies, filaree, fiddleneck, silver puff, pygmy-leaved lupine, bush lupine, lacey phacelia, slender keel fruit, forget-me-not, fringe pod, wild onions, red maids, sun cups, gold fields, owl's clover, hairy lotus, cream cups and rattlesnake weed.

I went there today as my first hiking trip in AV area ( I just moved from the Valley). After reading that dogs are ok on a leash, I took my dog BArkely and what a disappointment. There are many signs saying NO dogs allowed. What a disappoint. Someone needs to correct this misleading information about dogs allowed.

Went last year. Beautiful a lot of poppys.

My first hike...I think. Very nice trails and had different routes. The Poppy flowers were very nice. A bit crowded and very windy.