Andreas Canyon

Andreas Canyon is a 1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Palm Springs, California that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible from September until May.

Desert canyon hike on the Agua Caliente reservation. Parking is $9 per vehicle.

13 minutes ago

This is a great trail and well worth the entrance fee, which covers all three Indian canyons (Palm, Andreas, Murray). You could do at least part of the best trails in each canyon in a day but you will need more time if you want to spend more time on the available trails.

Andreas Canyon houses the second-largest-in-the-world California Palm Oasis and it is beautiful. We had to wear ponchos because it started to rain and we could not complete the trail because it was flooded in the lower regions.

We were disappointed that we could not continue, and I hope someday the Indian rangers put some primitive rock bridges across some of the areas that tend to flood so hikers can cross even when the stream is flowing more heavily.

Our disappointment quickly disappeared as we left however. As we hiked out and then drove out, we saw SIX RAINBOWS in different places. I think that number is more than the total number of rainbows I have seen in my life.

I would have given this trail a four, but we could not complete it due to flooding. We plan to try this trail at another time.

A word to the wise: wait for rainwater to come and go before you pay to access this trail.

This is a beautiful trail and easy enough for my four year old to walk the entire trail.

Super easy fun for kids and very relaxing. Quick little hike with great views.

It was awesome. Short easy hike with beautiful palm trees and other plant growth next to flowing water. Desert and mountain views all in same hike. We really enjoyed. Went at 8am when park opened before it got to hot.

Nice quick hike.. really pretty with a little creek and lots of palm trees! First half, if u start at th entrance area, is all shade... the second part is in the sun. All ages hike

Great one mile loop, easy hike but need to climb over some rocks so not wheelchair friendly. Well worth the drive out there. Follow other roadway to see Split Rock.

This trail is not dog friendly.

It wax a great short pretty hike. Daughter and grandson accompanied me. They enjoyed it too especially my 11 month old grandson who was in a carrier on His Mom's front.

Carlos got it right. There is a shaded, lush, green lower canyon hike and an exposed, sunny desert section as well. Both are great desert hikes and worth a trip if you are in the Palm Springs area and looking for a place to stretch your legs.

This was a good find during our annual trip to the Palm Springs area. This is a short but beautiful hike in a desert canyon with a running stream (at least in spring).

Very easy hike. I think it is really only a 1 mile loop though. Running water year round and trail is free from debris.Very good for families with children 4 and up.