Anderson Peak

Anderson Peak is a 21 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Angelus Oaks, CA that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail. We did this trail on December 23rd. There were plenty of snow along the way. It got a bit tough towards the end because the trails were covered in snow and ice. Lots of deer and bear tracks. If you're planning to go during the winter, wear warm clothing and by all mean, bring trekking poles.

This is a great trail, this was my second attempt at it and didn't want to write a review till I finished. First time we had to turn back because my partner got sick. This time I was bound and determined to get to the peak. Unfortunately this weekend is the last weekend I would recommend going unless you have some serious snow gear such as crampons and possibly backpacking gear. There was a decent amount of ice on the trail which made for slower travel, but it was doable as long as there was softer snow. Towards the peak there was probably 4-5 inches of snow and it made following the trail a little difficult. We were the only people who had gone past Jackstraw Creek camp and had no foot steps to follow so the snow was still pretty fresh. Saw some deer and bear tracks which was pretty cool and got to see a beautiful sunset. Overall this trail kicked my butt, however it was well worth it to get to the peak!

The trail head for this hike is Forsee Creek. This is a strenuous trail. It is up hill for 6.8 miles with elevation gain of 3760'. The trail is mostly shaded with great views. There is water at Jackstraw springs and Trail forks Springs. This is also a great place to backpack. This is one of my favorite trails in the San Gorgonio Wilderness. I have hiked it many times. On a clear day the views from Anderson Peak are fantastic.