Almaden Quicksilver County Park Mountain Bike Trail

Almaden Quicksilver County Park Mountain Bike Trail is a 10.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near San Jose, CA that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The historic site of the worlds second largest mercury mining operation, this scenic land offers hours adventure and exploration.

I'm not sure where the loop for this hike is but I took another close by. It was beautiful

Great loop! Walk alongside Guadalupe Creek, views of the Reservoir going up. Going down on Mine trail had great views of Almaden Valley. This trail was mostly shady in afternoon.

Hard AF but feels good once You conquer the beast.

I just started mountain biking 2 months ago. The incline is definitely a challenge but it's all worth it when you go back down. I only made it up 1 mile next time I'll do better.

Awesome trail love it down hill runs. High peaks and twists and turns run into a deer and waaaaattt

Kinda steep all at once & go after 2 for shade. But the mine and views. Oh and the the trail gets uncomfortably small for about a mile

Ran 10.94 miles. Challenging but lots of fun. Made one wrong turn but it was easy to get back on track.

huge trail and not crowded.....be careful, loose gravel, connects to sierra azul

fun easy trails. moderate elevation change. hot during the summer due to limited shade at certain times.

Easy and relaxing hike, saw a few dears and a grouse.

It's been a few years since I've hiked this trail...I recall it is mostly dirt and dry. There aren't many trees. I'll need to try it again and then I'll repost my thoughts...

This was an awesome work out/hike. Definitely, coming back.

Pleasant springtime hike with wildflowers and lots of interesting former mining sites and exhibits. My variation of this hike avoided the Mine Hill bike trail that is shown as the beginning and ending. I ascended (relentlessly for about a mile) on the Deep Gulch Trail to Yellow Kid Trail to Castillero Trail until it joined the Mine Hill Trail. On the return, I avoided the last section of the Mine Hill Trail by taking the Capehorn Pass Trail to the Hacienda Trail. It rejoined the Mine Hill Trail just before the end at the Hacienda park entrance. The Hacienda Trail has some short but very steep segments.

I hiked this with my group last Thursday, aug. 27, 2014. We started by the Mcabee entrance. It's a rough trail. There are too many rocks in the trail. We did the mining trail. It's about 5.5miles according to my track and gained 1007ft elevation. Parts of the trail has no shade so when the sun hits you, feels like you run out of breathe easy since it's hot. Other parts were shady. It has some incline which will keep your heart rate and kick you in the butt. Overall, it was an ok hike for me.

Try the "Historical Trail" starting at the Hacienda Entrance. --- The loop is about 6 miles and it takes this old hiker about 5 hours. --- There are 15 markers along the loop to mark old mining sites and structures from the mining days. ---- There is a semi secret path that leads to tall chimney from the mining days. --- At the beginning of the loop there is a display of old mining equipment. --- You can walk about 50 feet into the San Cristobal mine. The first mile (Deep Gulch Trail) is unrelentingly uphill and is a butt burner. Consider hiking this loop in reverse direction.