Albertson Chesebro Loop Trail

Albertson Chesebro Loop Trail is a 8.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Thousand Oaks, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

loved this loop, some shade along the way, little uncomfortable losing sight of the actual trail, happy to have this app to get back on track! started from the end of lang ranch, would like to go the opposite way next time. highly recommended!

The overall difficulty was actually easy. The trails are mostly access roads for utility towers. However if you do the actual loop there is a spot that has no real trail. You have to crash through the bush and rock down a hill to get to the adjoining trail. Still fun though. I would recommend it.

I give this trail all the stars not for my usual reasons of high views and great technical spots. This trail has one or two technical spots, and no real great views of the valley. This trail is easy, mostly flat, but!
ALL THE WILDLIFE! Deer, eagles, snakes, crows, dragonflies, songbirds.... so much! The trees offering shade, meadows in bloom during the spring and golden during the summer, all of this is just beautiful to look at. I prefer biking this trail, because there is so much flat, but hiking it is just as lovely with more time to check out nature.

It was great the breeze and beautiful scenery

We hiked parts of this trail. Started in Oak Park on Palo Commado. Hiked that trail to Albertson Fire Road then connected to Long Canyon Loop in Simi Valley. We planned another night hike on this one. It had rained the previous 2 days but it looked like we might get a break in the storm. Trail was very muddy in places. About 7 miles in a light rain started. By the time we hit the last Long Canyon section we were muddy & soaked, but having a great time! Total mileage for this route was about 10 miles. I will definitely do this again on a clear night!