Abalone Cove Trail

Abalone Cove Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rancho Palos Verdes, CA that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

beach

Ok so we went to the top of one cliff and walked down on a steep trail. It was beautiful but I would not classify it easy, especially getting back up.

Short, easy, pleasant with spectacular views. Dog friendly.

Right next to houses but if you take a trail to the ocean it's fun!

Cool hiking spot to take a lady friend

Awesome trails

Had a really good time. The parking lot opens at 9am so if ur an early hiker like me, then just park in the nearby neighborhood, though I will warn you, there's signs that say permit parking only. I just didn't care lol but the cove is beautiful. A lot of wildlife and great views. I will definitely go back.

pretty awesome. best time is when it's low tide. once you get to the cove you can cross and get to the other side of the cove where you can jump in and swim under to the other side if you're daring! says no dogs. but I did see one on the beach. it's very lose powder going down the hill to the cove so don't wear anything you want to stay clean. and a good incline back up!

This was a beautiful trail that leads down to the beach and tide pools. We went as the tide was coming in, so we had to time our crossing. The walk down is very steep on a dirt path. The geology was great and we saw many invertebrates in the tide pools.

Fun trail with great views

Very nice short trail

I don't like walking on all of the small rocks. My friends made fun of me because I am cautious when it comes to the rocks and water. My friend fell while on the rocks so the fear is real!!!! Several dead birds and a dead seal so it smelled bad in one area.

looks like an awesome trail in the pictures. I can imagine the views from my couch

One of my favorite trails!!!