Twin Falls Trail

Twin Falls Trail is a 7.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Witts Springs, AR that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

whitewater kayaking

Twin Falls trail via Richland Creek Wilderness NF Campground is a 5.6 mile out and back part trail & part bushwhack that requires two river crossings while following Richland creek and climbing bluffs. A short side trail leads to Richland Falls. The whole area is very scenic. The twin falls are 17' and 19' tall that occur where two creeks merge into one. Richland Falls which is a side trail, is only 6' tall but is one hundred ft. wide. The trail is rugged and quite faint at times. Care must be exercised at the water crossings. The twin falls are fed by wet weather creeks and are best seen in the fall and spring seasons.

Great trail. Not very well marked. This is a extremely strenuous trail especially going up to the caves. Every step was worth it though. Absolutely beautiful. Even got to see to otters playing in the creek!

So very hard to get to, but beautiful! Take a GPS device

Just moved to the Branson area and did some of the Buffalo River trails on Thursday, and yesterday my sister in law and I were so excited to do this trail at Twin Falls! The 7.8 mile trek sounded perfect for us, and moving from Colorado I'm a somewhat seasoned hiker. We got to the trail head directed by the ranger from the campground as there are no maps from the campground and poor signage, finally found the entrance, where there was again no map, of course no cell service, and the registration box was covered in a nest of sorts. There is a map board, but inside no map. We had downloaded the routes from past hikers on here and it seemed throughout our hike we were on the "trails" they had tracked but there was absolutely no indication that it was a trail. Technicality aside, just no markings and poorly maintained if at all throughout. We were completely off the mark or is it really that no one has been on this trail in such a long time? Took our dogs, which usually turns out well as its great for them and mine has done many Colorado mountains, also loves the water which was beautiful there. About 1.1 miles into our hike, we were feeling frustrated to not find the trail and were navigating through a boulder field by the river trying to get to what seems like a fork in what should be a trail to head up to the larger water fall and do the bulk of the distance for this hike, and the dog jumped onto the rock ahead of me only to stir up a GIANT timber rattle snake, which scared the life out of me and stood its 7" rattle up to ward us away, which worked well, as we screamed, and turned around immediately to head out. Even if I personally could have gotten myself together, there was no way we could go around it because of the terrain and shape of the trail. We tried to hike up to the crest line and scrambled up an incline to see if somehow we had completely missed the boat or markings as to this trail, but found nothing and felt defeated enough to turn around and get out after only 1 mile. This has never happened to me before, not only have I never encountered a snake of this type or size, but I have never felt so lost by the lack of marking or indication as to where a trail was or should have been. HELP?! Id only go back here (as it was beautiful) if someone showed me the way, and I don't mind the technicality of the hike, but not knowing where to go or even where to head although I had the tracker and seemed right on top of other hikers' trails was too dangerous, not to mention the wildlife and lack of any help should we have been bitten.

Such a beautiful waterfall in gorgeous Richland Creek! There is a well beaten down trail to it and Richland Falls. Lots of ups and downs in the valleys but not a difficult hike. I will be going back in the fall!

loved this hike with a beautiful area to swim

Great area to hike. The trail going back to Twin Falls was fairly easy to see. Occasionally it would vanish along the creek bed. I crossed to creeks that were thigh deep and the water was moving quickly. I also hiked up to the Sandstone Castles above Twin Falls....it's about 1000' of elevation gain over 1 mile to the Sandstone Caves.

This is one of my favorite Arkansas Waterfalls! We hiked in from the Richland Creek NF Campground and it took us about 7 hours to make the loop from the camp to Richland Falls, Twin Falls, and back (including a significant amount of time for swimming breaks). This trail is not for inexperienced hikers.

Can hike an float here too.

I love this hike
And have been lucky enuf to float here 7 times.

I love this place great hiken. An Richland creek is floatable after local heavy rains. It is class 2 an 3 water expert only please !

Check out Spanish Moss Falls (intersection falls) near where Falling Water Road and Richland Creek Road intersect. Its best viewed from the creek.

The best time to visit is just after a rain or in the fall when the leaves are changing. In the hot months this is a swimming hole for the locals.

Twin Falls trail is a great backpacking trip with scenic cascades and house size boulders along the way to the falls. A great bonus is Richland falls which is a short spur trail on the way. You will not be disappointed. Just monitor the weather and make sure the creeks are running.

Richland Creek Falls is worth the extra effort to hike back into. It is great area to backpack camp in. Thousands of acres to explore, multiple water falls and other scenic areas. Make it a multi- trip and you will not be disappointed

scenic driving

You can park right beside this on the road. It's a great view and swimming area.