Tea Kettle Falls Trail

Tea Kettle Falls Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Huntsville, Arkansas that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

old growth

The waterfall is a unique 46 ft. tall waterfall that has eroded a vertical hole in the rock bluff and then turned horizontally, creating a small cave, before emerging through the rock face below the top of the ridge. Thus the name Tea Kettle Falls. Best seen during spring or late fall when there is more chance of rain. Because this trail is faint, and is more of a bushwack, this is more specific directions to the falls: head across the field to the south side of the creek, follow the creek down hill, at about one mile you will see the first drainage (Reynolds Hollow) on your left, (there is a nice little waterfall a short distance up stream), continue past Reynolds Hollow to the next drainage, (you should be able to hear the falls if the water is up), turn left, cross the creek, and head up the drainage about 100 yds to the falls. Return the way you came

gorgeous Creek crystal clear water beautiful waterfall. well worth it will be back!

Tea Kettle Falls is more unique than the more popular Glory Hole Falls. Beat to go in winter or early spring when the ground is saturated.

Great hike, especially if you take the jeep road route that takes you to the top of the falls. Couldn't get down to the bottom tho. Water wasn't flowing but it still made for unique sights on the falls. Is tricky to find, just have to pay attention to signs on the way up. Going back through the bushwhack trail when it rains more.

Beautiful hike but a little tricky to find.

Apple maps will take you to the wrong place, however Google maps will get you right there.

Easy hike with a bunch of water features including multiple waterfalls and springs. You must go after it rains. Tea Kettle Falls will dry up and stop running during periods of little rain. There was a well traveled trail when I went late winter. You can also follow the creek about 1 mile to the waterfall on the left. You know you're getting close when you come across a rock bluff that covers the creek some.

Definitely was a nice little hike. Very pretty, especially the crystal clear water!!!! Finding the Falls was kinda tricky but just follow the creek. Tea Kettle Falls just had a little trickle of water coming out, but Reynolds Falls was flowing nicely! I would do this trail again if I for sure knew that Tea Kettle was flowing. None the less it made for a nice day adventure! Jen York's post was super helpful.

It was pretty but we could find the trail so we were not able to find the water fall. nothing mark and it is way over grown. would be easy to get lost. We won't go again which is sad.

The road to the trail is quite difficult to find but if you follow Jen York's(her review is below) directions you will find it with no problem. The road is very steep but manageable in a car. We just walked the creek rather than looking for a true trail. The water is crystal clear and beautiful. We found Reynolds Falls and it was beautiful with a pretty pool below it. You have to pay attention to be able to find the Reynolds Falls (again Jen York's review will guide you). Loved it!

My brother and I did this hike yesterday. We walked up the creek in order to stay off the trail where we were picking up ticks like crazy. If you decide to walk the creek, prepare to get wet. It was shin deep most of the way with some areas getting knee and almost waist deep. It was worth it though, with us finally seeing Tea Kettle Falls in its full glory! Reynold's Falls was flowing with some authority as well.

Trail is horribly overgrown I suggest taking the creek but you will get wet, very very wet. Awesome area as long as you avoid the trail option, this year the trail should not be an option at all. Found remnants of a deer kill that was mostly eaten but some meat left on the leg bones. Beautiful crystal clear water but high during rainy season. Difficult is an understatement but well worth hiking again with or without the falls.

The directions from All Trails took me right to the field that I needed to park in. I have signed up for buffalo river water levels through usgs.gov and it had a level of 12.08 ft. That was the news I was waiting for, all the waterfalls in the area were flowing great. I walked right by it like a lot of others, I turned around disappointed, and then I found it. I'm glad I did! The pictures I uploaded were of the falls and the bluffs right before the falls, 90 and 91. One more thing, walking through the creek was by far the best option. Where I got out to walk around fast flowing areas is where I needed to be on the other side to go to both falls, and I was chewed up by the stinging nettle and thorn vines everytime I was out of the water.

Beautiful day for a hike! We walked the creek bed because a couple guys who had just walked the trail told us that the ticks were out and biting. Reynolds Falls was flowing but we never found Tea Kettle Falls because we didn't know exactly where it was. When we got home I opened Google Earth and found where we made our mistake. We apparently walked right past the little turn off to the north that would have led us right there. Instead, we came to a fork in the creek and followed it for another quarter mile until we realized we weren't going to find it. I have uploaded a map that I made using Google Earth to hopefully make this find easier for others!

Walked this trail again today with my brother. Great hike like always. Was hoping Tea Kettle Falls was flowing today after the rain. Unfortunately, it wasn't. Try again another time!

I have been hiking to Kettle Falls for 40 years and live in the area. The falls are known as Kettle Falls, not Tea Kettle Falls. The Kettle family settled the area in the 19th Century. It is important to get the name right to maintain credibility.