Rock House Cave and Lookout Trail

Rock House Cave and Lookout Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Morrilton, AR that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Rock House Cave Trail leads to a large rock shelter used by native americans. It has Native American rock art, created over 500 years ago, if you can find it. The trail also has "turtle rocks" formations along the way Purple Blazes mark the trail

Did this Ranger guided hike and really enjoyed. They were able to point out cave drawings that I would not have noticed on my own. The "turtle rocks" in the glade area were also very cool. Would definitely do this one again.

Love this trail, and the amazing rockwork!!

October 2015: Hiked all Petit Jean State Park trails, this was a beautiful and special hike.

I loved walking into the rock house cave and seeing the ancient artwork. This was a very easy trail.

Very short and easy trail.Nice rock formations starting with Turtle Rocks. Then to the Rock House cave and if you look closely you can see some of the native marking.

Cave was very interesting.

Great for the history buff. Love the art in the cave and the turtle rocks.

This is a pretty short hike, but it is worth it to see the cave art, and the turtle rocks. So beautiful out there.

We hiked half the trail and loved it! Lots of special scenic spots as Tim Ernst would say!

Short yet fun trail. The turtle back rocks are super cool!

Very neat trail. My wife and I loved the Turtle Rocks and the Rock House Cave both. This trail also runs by the top of the Cedar Creek falls too.

Very short, easy and worth it. Cave is really neat and if you are looking for the Indian markings, look up a bit not eye level. The turtle rocks are great and makes fun pics.

We explored the cave as a stop on the BSA trail, worth the detour! Amazing and beautiful!

The trail is easy, well marked, a few steps, short, and the cave is easy to locate.

Any of my reviews will be realistic! I Am not out there to see how fast I can do it. I don't like to B.S. People. Everyone should hike this planet no matter what chronic disease they have or whatever their age is. I am 53. I just started and you can to. I like to make my reviews comical and real ! I'll let you know if your grand mother can hike it! Ok. Lets get everybody out there. Our goal is to get everybody outside and to get them to quit smoking, get moving and get healthier everyday, so they can get off some medications and feel better about themselves. So lets get moving!

This trail is the first one I started and the cave at the end was a bonus! Anyone can hike this one at any age. It is amazing just how big the cave is! But be careful near the drop off with little ones, there are no barriers set up! I got some great pics out of this one!

If you're exploring the Petit Jean area, you can't beat this trail for a quick excursion.
Lot's of fun rock formations that kids just love!