Pinnacle Mountain East Summit Trail

Pinnacle Mountain East Summit Trail is a 1.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Roland, AR that features a great forest setting and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is the more challenging of the two summit trails. About half way up, the trail turns into a rock field. I had my two boys with me (7 and 5) and began to question whether it was a good idea for them to be on the trail, but they crushed it pretending to be "rock beasts"! I cannot say how the trek back down is as I took the kids back down the easier, west trail.

Great view at top. Be warned; it gets crowded on top. Terrain on top is also highly worn so it can be slick.

On your way through the rock field, keep an eye out for the turkey vultures sunbathing on top of the rock walls.

Excellent for a challenging rock climb. Not recommended for children or animals, unless you go up the west side.

Short and steep with a nice scramble. Packed out tons of empty single use water bottles and trash that was scattered everywhere near the top of the trail.

Fun but tough trail. About halfway through you hit the rocks and climb a steep incline for the rest of the hike. I traveled with my 2 year old daughter on our hike carrier which made for an even greater challenge, but the view from the top was a great reward!

Quick, fun morning hike. Very beautiful. Challenging in areas.

Well worth the time and effort to the summit! We will do this again!!

Really enjoyed it! Basically got to do some bouldering at the end to make it to the top. I would do the West summit trail if you have a dog or little ones.

Starts out as a nice hike and turned into a steep climb over boulders. It was a lot of fun but next time I won't be the one hiking everyone's water in my day pack. Amazing views!!! Make sure to check out the north and the south peaks two total different views.

My dog died of heat stroke after climbing down the west side... It happened so suddenly even though he was hydrated. He was only almost 5 years old.. He was my baby... I drove 2 hours from Memphis for a day hike with my Otis & little brother to celebrate end of summer and beginning of university semester... I take my dog hiking & jogging frequently. We rested for a longtime in the shade, drank plenty water then headed back down to the car. But Otis collapsed and was rushed to emergency but we couldn't save him... His organs shut down and he had seizure. Don't take pets here, it's a deadly hike. This extreme heat is no joke either, we are used to humidity but this was a tragedy.. My life changed after this short hike on Pinnacle mountain. Honestly I appreciate the kindness of locals who aided us in our despair, but I will never return to this place & I don't recommend it. I heard afterwards that supposedly there was a warning put up bc recently 2 other dogs passed away here - but the park took it down? Whatever the reason... I would never have come here had I known pets died here recently. Now MY BABY is dead too!!!! :'(

This is a great trail. Make sure you bring lots of water if you go during the summer.

Did this trail with our 7 mo golden retriever...if you are bringing your dog, PACK LOTS OF WATER! Can't stress this enough. Loved the ascent, but wouldn't bring a dog in the hot summer months.

Nice trail, well kept, too many people and they all seemed to have their obnoxious teenagers with them. It was difficult to enjoy the awesome view from the top with all those people.

Pretty fun, pretty difficult, pretty views. Lots of shit graffiti up top.

Best trail in the little rock area.