Lost Valley Trail

Lost Valley Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Ponca, Arkansas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

cave

Lost Valley Campground is located near Ponca, southwest of Harrison, Arkansas. The trail is accessible year-round. Best done in late fall or early spring for a more spectacular look at the water falls. Trail is very scenic, rated easy Note this area is heavily visited on the weekends. Best visited during the week if you want a little solitude. Trail ranges from crushed rock to natural services. The most scenic area of the trail is more demanding but worth it.

Very Nice trail for a morning hike. We went to the cave.... take a good flashlight. Worth taking time to explore the area.

Lots of cool rock formations and small waterfalls

This trail is easy. It's more like a nature walk. It offers nothing to an experienced hiker. While the rock formations are nice, the amount of traffic in the area ruins the experience. Through the whole valley all you hear is soccer moms yelling at their screaming kids and the smell of Axe body spray is overwhelming. More like a singles bar than a hiking trail.

One of the coolest hikes I've been on.
Awesome formations, collasped cave system.
Even a cave at the end you can go in.

One of my favorite trails. Be sure to go all the way to the top and to the back of the cave. It's worth the squeeze.

Steep, rocky, moderate difficulty trail with amazing waterfalls, caves and rock features. The first half of the trail is flat, but the second has a substantial amount of elevation change to reach the large cave entrance. (Make sure to bring a headlamp to venture back into the waterfall!!) Stay along the right hand side of the cave to trek back and crawl about 100m into the cave to reach the waterfall room. Highly recommend!

Steep, but definitely a fun hike. Be prepared for climbing and descending steps. This hike is fair.

This ended up being so much better than I expected. The wide, gravel path made it seem more like a nature center than a good area for any interesting hiking. I was so wrong. The natural bridge (which I scrambled through), Cob Cave, the falls, and the cave.. all were breathtaking. Everything is fairly easy to get to. There's some scrambling over rocks if you *really* want to see everything, plus lots of steep stairs - all worth it.

I had a weak flashlight, and I made this trip solo, so I didn't venture far enough into the cave to see the waterfall. I am definitely coming back (with a headlamp and a buddy!) to do so.

This is a short trail, but there are many great trails in the area: Smith Creek, Hawksbill Crag, and the BRT, to name a few. If you're in the area during fall or winter it's also a good time to check out the elk.

One of the best, most memorable trails I have ever been on in my life.

My boyfriend and I hiked the trail in March 2016. We also kayaked the river. Water was still running good. The cave at the end was fantastic. Don't forget to take a good light!

Beautiful hike