Lost Valley Trail

Lost Valley Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Ponca, AR that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

cave

Lost Valley Campground is located near Ponca, southwest of Harrison, Arkansas. The trail is accessible year-round. The trails is 2.4 miles round trip. Best done in late fall or early spring for a more spectacular look at the water falls. Trail is very scenic, rated easy Note this area is heavily visited on the weekends. Best visited during the week if you want a little solitude. Trail ranges from crushed rock to natural services. The most scenic area of the trail is more demanding but worth it.

Very short and easy trail with not a whole lot to see until you get to the end at the top where there are some cool caves and rock formations, along with the waterfall, which was unfortunately dry due to lack of recent rain. Hiked it with my wife who had a bum ankle so I did not take advantage of some of the scrambling opportunities that are available. Would like to go back after some rain when the waterfall is running along with the creek and to do some of the scrambling/climbing. Read several reviews of people seeing copperheads but we didn't encounter any.

A beautiful short hike with caves and a waterfall. One of my favorites but be careful and keep an eye out for Copperhead snakes! We recently hiked it and crossed paths with 5 Copperheads on the trail. I even stepped on one but luckily was not bitten. Other people said they saw some that we did not see so they were EVERYWHERE! I did look up online that we were right in the middle of breeding season for them so that was probably why we saw so many. All and all though it is a great hike and I will definitely do it again just after the snake mating season!

VERY good hike. My husband and I will be back soon!!

Great hike, but watch out for Copperheads. My 5 yr old loved the natural bridge.

Great experience

Follows a rocky stream toward a cool cave. At one point the stream goes right through the rock. We visited in August at super low water level. Would be better with more water.

I love this trail for many reasons. The first mile or so of the trail is a very accessible trail for anyone. Lots of rocks to climb around on on the way to Eden Falls, which is really pretty when iced over in the winter. At the top of the falls is a cave. You have to jump over the rushing water to the other side of the cave, where you can start making your way back to the waterfall that comes out of the ceiling in the cave. There are normally little hats along the walls of the cave. Bring flash lights or head lamps. You need to be agile to get through some tight spaces, but it doesn't take but a couple minutes to weave your way back.

Very easy trail, but it's hard to beat. Cascading waterfalls, tunnels, mountain overhangs, and a cave with a waterfall inside. Flashlights are a must.

Loved it!! Great hike! So beautiful!

pretty F'n rad!!

Nice trail. Very well kept. Was carrying a two year old so it got a little harder. Wouldn't be too bad otherwise.

Great little trail. Love climbing the rocks and through the creek bed. Awesome little waterfall inside Eden Falls Cave. Well worth the crawl!

Would have been better if the falls were flowing. Very easy hike, Eden's cave is a must bring a flashlight if you want to see through.

Wonderful hike. Lots of beautiful scenery

Love Lost Valley. Go off the path and explore the creek bed, which is usually mostly dry. And bring flashlights to explore the caves. Fun times.

Very scenic with some caves to climb into.

Great views, caves are fantastic

Well maintained trail, and it was a easy hike that has some great hidden treasures at the end like the water fall and cave

I have hiked this trail at least ten times and it is still one of my favorite day hike trails. It also has a bathroom and picnic area by the parking lot.