Lakeside Trail

Lakeside Trail is a 0.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bull Shoals, AR that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

It was a pretty trail. There were parts that were overgrown but two men came along behind us weed eating.

The trail itself is great, I really enjoyed it! It took me awhile to find and I had to go to the visitor center and ask because the coordinates on this are currently incorrect. The REAL location of this trail is here (

If you're IN Bull Shoals, drive across the dam (towards Lakeview) and around the bend. Immediately after the bend is a park on your left. I recommend passing the first turn off on your left and going to the second one. Immediately when you turn into the park, there will be a sign and a parking place for the Lakeside Trail.

Coming towards Bull Shoals from Lake View.. right before Bull Shoals there will be a park on your right, take the first turn off into the park and you'll be at the trail.

Shame at the person who put the location incorrectly on here, it made for mass confusion for me.

good good

Very pretty views of Bull Shoals Lake almost the whole way. It's a very flat and easy walk.

This is a great little trail if you are looking to get some nice views of the lake. The day I went was a clear, sunny day, and the water was calm so I got some gorgeous photos. We also saw deer coming up from the bushes near the water. This trail is also not very busy, which is good since there really isn't much parking to speak of at the trailhead. My only complaint is that you have to walk through some taller weeds on part of the trail as you get closer to the lake view, and I ended up with a bunch of seed ticks inside my socks. Highly recommend using insect repellent if you are going in warm weather.