Lake Ouachita Vista Trail

Lake Ouachita Vista Trail is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mt Ida, AR that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Like someone else stated, this is much more than the map shows. I did a chunk of the LOViT yesterday from the dam (the Far East) to the overlook about 5 miles east of Crystal Springs and back. A nice hike. Definitely a MTB trail, but still a good hike. From Brady Mt. Crystal Springs along the ridge of Bear Mountain is awesome. You can see the lake through the trees the entire time as you hike the length of the ridge.

This trail is about 40 miles long, but the map is only showing a small section of it. My wife and I have hiked it twice, both directions. I would say it was built as a mountain bike trail first, and a Hiking trail second. The Joplin trail head going up to Hickory Nut mountain is our favorite section. You get a little bit of everything... Creeks, Mountain side, good views, and woods.

I would classify this as 'easy' trail, very easy going; great for a family

Easy, well marked trail

Beautiful trail. Lots of beautiful water in the creek alongside the trail. Plan on hiking this trail more than once.

Well marked trail, would consider it easy for younger, adventurous people

Excellent trail, well marked, scenic.

Not a loop, and 42 miles, not 15.

Great hike

Hiked from the dam to Brady mountain and back last weekend. It was pretty warm, and uphill a lot. About 5 out and 5 back. Next time I will start at Brady mountain and make the ten miles to crystal springs. Will do this in the fall when cooler. Overall nice, slightly difficult hike.

I've only hiked 3 miles of this trail but come fall I will hike the whole thing. It was a super nice trail. I took my dog on her first hike there. We hiked 3 miles in, had lunch and 3 miles out. The trail was nicely maintained and easily followed. I look forward to cooler weather so I can conquer the trail.

very nice track, flowing, & challenging

i really enjoyed this trail. i rode from the trailhead on trails end road to the Joplin trailhead. Trail was in good shape and had adequate signage; surprising I saw hardly anybody out there. The trail gives you a good workout because it is constantly going up and down the side of the hill. the surface has few roots and a lot of loose, rocky areas where you need to watch your self. I am looking forward to the chance to continue eastward from the joplin area and see how the rest of the trail is.

Trail was great! Very well maintained and an nice hike through the Ouachita National Forest. Provides for some nice views of the late, and the easternmost part of the trail is supposedly completed now!