Kings River Falls Trail

Kings River Falls Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Witter, AR that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Kings River Falls is an scenic hike along the banks of the Kings River that ends at the falls. Best visited mid autumn through mid spring for a more spectacular view of the falls. The trail is well used making it easy to follow. Their are traces of of an old rock stone fence along the way. The falls can be spectacular. The river below the falls is a great swimming hole, but be careful, no lifeguard.

Pretty easy hike. There are plenty of places to park. The waterfall at the end was not really flowing due to lack of rain. But it was still an excellent hike, will go back in the spring. Unfortunately there was also trash.

pretty nice trail...real easy...they only downside was there was quite a bit of trash at the end by the swimming hole....i wish i had my my small pack with me...i always keep a walmart bag to pick up trash... i didn't have it....anyhow...it was still a great hike...i recommend it for sure...

You are right by the water so most of the hike is beautiful! Great swimming hole awaits you at the end. We packed our lunch and ate sitting on a big Rock that overlooks the falls. Gorgeous!!!

super easy trail with a wonderful swimming spot at the end!

One of my favorites. So pretty and fun to explore.

This was our second visit and we had a very different experience this time! Last year went on a Sunday and there was a huge crowd of college students, loud music, trash everywhere, lewd behavior...so we played upstream instead and didn't even go to the falls. We decided to visit on a weekday this time. The people were great, the crowd was small, no litter, and the fall was running great! I wrote about our experience here: http://www.adventuresintheozarks.com/2014/08/kings-river-falls-in-witter-ar.html

This is a great little trail that I find myself on a couple times each year and still look forward to each trip. It is a very easy trail for little ones also with a nice place to jump in and cool off at the end.

Simple hike with a very cool waterfall and swimming hole feature. Really enjoyed this one!

Awesome laid back hike. Great with the kids or your older parents. The Falls are beautiful!

Great hike to waterfall. Lots of rocks on the hike. Don't recommend for little ones to walk.

Lots of people here.

Great family hike! Definitely wear a swimming suit, the pool at the falls is a fun swimming hole. The terrain is easy, pretty flat and an easy trail to follow. You do have to go in on a dirt road for 5 miles or so, but it is well packed and our van did fine on it. Overall a beautiful place to hike!!

The trail and the falls were beautiful, but boy did we go on the wrong day..total college party. It wouldn't have been so bad except we had our two little boys with us and by what we saw going on, we couldn't even go to the falls which was a real bummer because we drove two hours to get there. We did make the best of it though and played in the river and swimming hole a bit upstream from the falls. I can't wait to go back again...maybe on a weekday and perhaps after a heavy rain as the falls were a bit dry (although we expected that) I'll give this 5 stars when we can actually enjoy the falls. I wrote about our visit to the falls here: http://www.adventuresintheozarks.com/2014/08/kings-river-falls-in-witter-ar.html

I have been here a few times with the family, a great place to take the dog swimming and let the kids jump off the falls into the water below.

Great trail! It took my family around 40 minutes to complete but that was with twin three year olds as our trail guides. Water felt great and was beautiful!

Beautiful waterfall, good for swimming, easy hike.

great spot with a nice short hike

Easy hike in and out....really enjoyed it. There was lots of little falls on the way to the "big one". The weather was kinda cruddy the day we went which meant we had the whole place to ourselves. Took a lunch and just enjoyed the area. This is a must do if you are ever in the Boston area!!!

Beautiful hike. Loved the rock formations at pedestal rocks. Just in awe of it all.